Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Max Factor Colour Correcting Cream


Another most used foundation I have, or in this case CC Cream is MaxFactor CC Cream. If you are a beginner of makeup, you might be creating a question mark around your head on what is a CC Cream versus a normal foundation.


Not to boast or anything, but I already googled the information for you guys cause I myself don’t know about it before. CC or Colour Correcting as the name implies is a technique in make up to minimize the appearance of a certain color pigment by putting an opposite pigment before applying (normally) a foundation. For example: if I wanted to colour correct my dark under eyes (black color) I will need to put an yellow tone corrector ( for darker skin tone orange is the most effective; it varies from skin type, in my case I have a fair skin tone so yellow corrector will be enough). In this technique, if you put the foundation on top of the under eyes the dark circles will be minimize. You can add more coverage using a concealer, but unlike the colour correcting technique, the idea is to neutralize a certain color. It is like mixing colors when we are younger. (Blue plus yellow equals green).


Did it make sense?

I have a hard time looking for the product availability locally, at the moment Beauty MNL is out of stock :( .

In this review Colour Correcting Cream is a foundation and color correcting in one. We basically won’t be doing the color correcting technique itself.


Product Review
On the right side of my face is when the CC cream is applied. Instantly, my face is matte, the redness minimize and has a pale complexion (which I like you can add color afterwards with contouring). You notice I have marks on my skin, if you need coverage you definitely need a concealer since it doesn’t hide it. On the under eyes, it has a light coverage, but I do not generally like it there coz after a full day at work, the product on my under eyes is drying and it feels very heavy. (This is the time when I miss liquid foundation like Nichido, it is none drying and safe with my under eyes, with that I mean it doesn’t prominently show the lines under my eyes.) You already know that I use public transport, with the kind of weather here; I guess foundations generally don’t last (Take note I didn’t use primer). But after I perspire, my skin basically looks just fine I guess. I look more descent as to not wearing CC Cream at all.



Final Thoughts:
For me I have an instant fair complexion upon using the CC Cream. It has a light coverage. I suggest you do a different product under eyes, coz if you use it every day fine lines will be more evident. All in all, this product is more of a natural foundation, more like of your skin. You can work it out for everyday use and for a party look adding different type of product.

Will I recommend it:

I have a 50 – 60 percent recommendation about this product. It will do, but I am betting there are products available in the market that will perform better. Guess the hunt for best foundation is still on the run, huh…




Hope you join me!

Like my Facebook page Beauty Food Life
Logo used in the photo are owned by their respective company in this case Facebook
 beauty food life



(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');