Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Food Vs Acne || Foods to Avoid and Misconception



There are many factor's why people have acne and food is one of it.

Here are my picks for common foods that contributes with breakouts and common Filipino misconceptions with regards to food in relation with acne.


Peanuts from Manong's Stand

Or

Anything DEEP FRIED.

Peanuts are generally healthy but one thing I notice when it is deep fried, my pimple is up the next day.

So make sure you don't forget that too much oily food is bad for you. I am not talking fatty foods in general but fried foods. For example, okoy is jammed packed with vegetables and we think it is healthy but when it is deep fried- all that oil is added up on you. 

Balance is the key. I love fried chicken but I always make sure that I pair it with stir fried vegetables, and I make it a point that I don't eat it all the time.

Common Filipino foods that is always prepared fried/ deep fried.

Fried rice                                         Kwek kwek/Fish ball
Banana que/ Turon                           Crispy Pata
Fried chicken                                   Lumpia
Donuts                                             Tuyo/Dried Fish

Chocolate and Dairy Products

When I had my first professional help with my acne, my dermatologist said to avoid too much sweet , because it is worsening my acne in one way or another.

However, being stubborn, initially I follow her advice but afterwards let go of it. I hope someone could attest  to you that I have a huge amount of cravings with chocolate and milk. Especially when I was away for work, since chocolate and fresh milk are inexpensive and easily available I eat it all the time.

If you read my previous post, you've probably learned that I use Benzac in Dubai. And I can confidently say that there is no direct significance between sweets and dairy with my acne. I still vote for 'FRIED FOODS' as a big contributor for it.

In case you miss my article about Benzac/Duac click here...

Chicken is Considered 'Malansa' and Eating Seafood in General

Absolutely not true for me!

One thing you should know about me is that I do not eat pork. It did not happen instantly but around 2013 I slowly move away with pork. It escalates when I was in Dubai, as in zero pork, except for times that people give me food, and I don't know that there is pork in it. I believe it happened one time and it didn't happen again. Thankfully.

So, what I am trying to say here is that I turn to chicken, beef, and fish as my alternative for protein.

Should I say more? So the next time someone tells you to avoid chicken or other 'malansa' food, think again. Or since we are all different, try to observe if it does harmful for you or not.

Like my Facebook Page: Beauty Food Life

Logo used in the photo are owned by their respective company in this case Facebook





No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');