Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Saturday, August 7, 2021

How to Learn Quickly @ Work



One of the struggles I have with a new job is I get a hard time learning it fast.


Although I consider myself to be 'not bad' when it comes to intelligence, my performance at work doesn't really reflect that.


I always get distracted. 


Out of focus.


Scared.


And can't absorb what was instructed or taught to me.


What I do to Learn Quickly @ Work


So what's different right now with my new job?


I am playing around with Diet, Apple Cider Vinegar, Ginger Tea, and Good Quality Sleep.


1. Whole Food Diet


The most destructive food I eat that contributes to my 'stupidy at work' and my inability to 'learn corporate things fast' is I eat a lot of packaged food. 


    Biscuits

    Tocino (Filipino version of sugary bacon )

    Too much serving of rice

    Imbalance plate (veggies rice and meat is ideal | the worse combo is fried             meat and rice only)


I am a full believer in ditching all kinds of processed food.


And veggies should always be on my plate. It makes a whole difference in my digestion when I have fiber on my main meals. 


I have mental clarity and I can function well.


2. Ginger Tea


Whenever I feel like I eat too much rice after a meal and cannot finish a single task. 


When I get really attention deficit.


Instead of sending an email, I get up and do something else.


I know that the sugar in the rice I eat is ruining how my brain works.


That is when I drink ginger tea. Ginger tea helps me to relax and gives me clarity on the things I needed to do. I drink ginger tea primarily after lunch and I save the apple cider vinegar before going to bed.


You can do fresh ginger boiled in water.

Ginger powder with boiled water (get this at lazada or shoppe it's really affordable)


Or, using a garlic press, I squeeze fresh ginger and put it in hot water.


No sugar. I sometimes add calamansi juice whenever it's available.


3. Apple Cider Vinegar


At first, it feels like in the name of being healthy, drinking apple cider vinegar is like a punishment for me.


I don't like the smell. I worry a lot about ruining my teeth.


But, it really helps a lot. Despite my complaint, apple cider vinegar helps me a lot with digesting trash food I still eat even though I recommend whole food on my number 1 item up. (sometimes I still try out trash food/highly processed food)


I drink apple cider vinegar diluted in water before bed so I can make sure I digest my food properly. The quality of my sleep gets better too if I add this routine before bed.


4. Quality Sleep


One of the lessons I learned from Dr Berg is how important quality sleep is.


Quality sleep helps on all the problematic areas in your body.


Because sleeping means healing.


If you don't get the right sleep, no matter how many drugs you take, you will not fully heal.


So I prioritize sleeping now and I try my hardest not to wake up at 2am or 3am in the morning. ( just to pee)


Because 2-3am is the golden time for delta waves. That is where you get your real deep sleep.


From the last post, I linked the video of Dr Berg where he demonstrates a massage that lowers cortisol and eventually helps us to sleep.


And I am happy to say that, massaging the pressure point on my nape and belly button area really helps.


I kid you not, after the self-massage with a bit of kantinko (liniment, popular rub in the Philippines), I think in just 10 minutes I am sleeping already.


Although I still have a bit of a problem waking up once at 3am in the morning, because I can't hold my pee. But at least, the sleep I am getting right now is 10x better than how I sleep before.


Final Thoughts


Throughout the day, I am mindful of how I feel/act and make sure I do all these 4 things.


A bit of effort into my health helps tremendously on my ability to learn quickly @ work.


My time off for over a year I think paid off. Investing in my health has solved most of the problems I encountered to have a productive life.


I think that the self care routine can really lead to career success.


That is it for now that for reading all the way.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');