Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Moisturizing Routine

Over the time, with age, weather conditions, and treatment with my acne has brought up changes for my skin.

One apparent example I notice is that after taking a bath my skin looks fresh and dry, but after a bit of exposure outside I easily grease up.
Probably this is my body’s reaction for dryness. Initially I thought I have an oily skin. But with age, I started to have fine lines around my eyes and I wanted to do something about it. That is the time I consider applying a moisturiser.

This is tricky for me for me as I thought some moisturiser is not good for acne prone skin. I don’t particularly remember which moisturiser I use for the first time after having acne but I will tell you which moisturiser I use now.

Hot Summer Time calls for Nivea Cream

I discover this routine with a roommate of mine and until now I use it especially the temperature here in the Philippines is ranging 35 degrees Celsius up to 40. Right now I usually use it before makeup when going to work. At night, I put on the outer corner of my eyes (avoiding the under eye area because I easily get  fine lines there) and on my cheeks and forehead together with the spot treatment for acne Benzac.



Tropical Winter (Amihan or South East Monsoon) calls for Myra E Vita White Moisturizer

On colder days I notice that my normal moisturizing routine has a different effect on my skin. I tried to change it and have a bit of a trial and error. It is not 100% perfect but it will suffice for now. I use Myra E Vita White here in the Philippines whereas in Dubai I use Vichy Facial Cream courtesy of my friend. Please refer to my previous article on how I use it click here.

With the use of moisturizer my skin has its youthful glow on it even without makeup. I still oil up but not too much unlike when I didn’t moisturize.

On putting make-up I use it before foundation. It helps my skin not to dry up quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');