Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Reasons Why You are Not Satisfied with Your Job?



After graduating, I have been in couple of jobs (5 jobs to be exact). Jumping from company after company from private companies to government, from front-line sales to back office work and working local and abroad, none of these jobs gave me sense of fulfilment. I felt like I am a chaos.

Burn out after burn out; I jumped from one job to another.

Then the inevitable happens.

Guess what?

I resign again, went back home and jobless for around 8 months. Whew! I know for sure I needed something to sustain me so I applied for a call center job. After two rejections I finally found a job that I think would sustain me and somehow I want to do.

Contemplating about it now, I wrote it down and identify each reason why am I not satisfied with my job.


You are young and anything that comes along is OK

I remember after I graduated one thing I prioritize is what other people think about me. So, having a job quickly is my goal to somehow impress people whom I thought was looking after my advancement.

This was short-lived unfortunately, after a year I fully decided to resign as I felt the job is not fitting with my character, unable to have a good relationship with higher ups because of immaturity and, feeling of burn out.


Peers are constantly rumbling about how bad it is to work in the company


Yep. I know there is got to be one or more people doing it in the company. Maybe intentionally or they are just plain ranting about their life not knowing they can affect people in one way or another.

True as they say, words are powerful.

On one thought, I wish I didn’t listen to this negative rant, and continue on with my job as a clerk in a government institution. Well it is not too late for me to go back either, so it is one possible move I can take in the future.


It felt like I am living payday after payday


This is true, when your focus is turning less and less with your job.

You are starting to imagine things like you wanted to do something more, you wanted to achieve things in this time frame but you didn’t, or you wanted to buy stuff that you’re job can hardly afford. Basically, you are struggling with one dilemma after another and the job you are into is not helping.

This reason has always been my strength to quit my job and find another. I am so thankful with the graces that the Lord gave me especially my family which is very supportive of me every time I resign. They always give me some time to get back on my feet again, not hearing anything negative from them. J


Can’t keep up with company’s goals



When you are on sales field this is a common scenario. While you see peers swiftly run through your company’s target, you find yourself struggling. Again, this is another case of carelessly jumping on to the next work, just to appear successful thru the eyes of ‘other’ people. I took this job just so I won't go home in the Philippines empty handed after I resign with my clerical work in a government institution.

Like my Facebook page Beauty Food Life
Logo used in the photo are owned by their respective company in this case Facebook

Enduring the job just for the sake of sacrifice



This is actually a wise advice that you might took from a sister or a close friend, or just plainly convincing yourself you can sacrifice a bit by taking this job as a stepping stone and later on find a job that you truly like. However, in my case, accepting a sales job has been the biggest mistake of my life. Not only had it wasted my time it also thrives to other dilemma.

My advice is, it’s better to take time looking for a somehow suitable job rather than grabbing the first job offer after you mass send your CV to different companies. It took me eight months finding my recent job, but it doesn’t have to be the same in your case. 

My point is, my decision is firm in choosing this job because it will not cause too much stress on my part and it will give me room to be more creative, like doing this blog and hopefully doing business on the side in the future and be financially independent. 

As they say, 

"Do what you love and you will never have to work again."

As I try to achieve my goal, doing this job will not jeopardize much of the time I need to do what truly matters for me.





Then again, not all people have the privilege of quitting their job instantly so, this might not apply to everyone. But I salute all hardworking people out there who stay on their work for the sake of family, or their children or any other reasons except themselves. May God Bless you more. 

Hopefully, this article will somehow rearrange your thoughts into perspective. 

Do you have reasons as well why you are not satisfied on your job? Would love to hear from you.



Previous Article:


(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');