Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Working With a Horrible Boss || How to Deal with Negativity at Work || Up Career

https://www.facebook.com/Beauty-Food-Life-744814159008402/, Horrible boss,
Photo Credits : Pinterest

A lot of instances in my life that I experienced misunderstandings with people at school or work. I will list down some thoughts that helped me a lot to “resist a Horrible Boss”. This post is leaning over to what I believe in as a Christian so hopefully you guys are the same as me. (As we all know religion is pretty much hard to agree upon but I am giving it a shot and hopefully it will help you in one way or another. This is why the blog is for anyways. J) 



Because of individuality (different culture, upbringing, environment, beliefs and much much more) we all agree that sometimes we disagree to a certain act, views or behaviour.
(“We agree to disagree” – WOW! So this is where this famous quote becomes handy.) Maybe they are spreading false rumor about you, speaking behind your back or told you names, or they are yelling at you; basically they are bullying or harassing you. This qualifies to what a horrible person I am talking about. (Also let us admit it, that some work environment are like that and it is labelled as 'normal'.)

Now, we all agree that those words they say about you are not true and you don’t deserve to be treated that way. (Yes, yes, I’ve been there, think about it all the time and it creeps me out of my system.) At some point it affects you so much that you are not functioning well at your work and it is so hard to wake up in the morning, thinking you will be in that place again for 8 hours when you really don’t want to be in there.

So here it is. I listed down words from the Bible that helped me a lot to overcome “Horrible Bosses” and let me move on happily, and focus solely to the goal that matters for me.

Mathew 6:9-13 The Lords Prayer 

I am the type of person when I am in a horrible situation and I don’t know what to do, I pray the Lords Prayer for several times (Oh well, not several but a lot of times I am talking about 30 to 50 times more or less). Until I calm down.

Romans 12:19 “…Leave room for God’s Wrath…”

Romans 12:19 Leave room for gods wrath, Mathew 6:9-13 The Lords Prayer, Our Father,

                                               

Normal thing to do as a human is to retaliate. (“an eye for an eye; a tooth for a tooth.”) However, I don’t find it useful because I easily cry on confrontations. So, what I do is, go to the proper 'authorities', for example if your are at school, go to guidance counsellor, or if your are at work if they don’t allow bullying or harassment, go to the HR and file an Incident report (I know not all companies are like that, thanks God mine is ok with reporting these kind of incident. If your place doesn’t have like these maybe you can speak to a higher ups that you can trust and speak about it and please do tell that you are telling it only because you wanted it to stop, for whatever reason may it be, even if you deserve it or not it has to stop.)

At some instances, I wanted to do more about it like wanting them to get fired, but that is way beyond reality so, I always think that I have to let it go. I have done my part (which is to report it and it stopped already) and now one thing left is to move on. If you still think it is unfair because they didn’t get a proper punishment for what they did, I always remember this line in my head, “leave room for God’s wrath…” and for me it is totally true. Also, remember John 8:1-11 when they are demanding Jesus that the woman who was caught for adultery be stoned to death? Then He said ….”all right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!”. So, should I say more??? Praise God, he already taught us how to live. J


Hope this post helps. Please comment down below on your favourite bible verse that helps you a lot with work. Will be so happy to hear from you.
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');