Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Thursday, August 23, 2018

5 Second Rule of Mel Robbins || My Thoughts || Does Motivation Really Sucks?

 
I recently been shown a video of Mel Robbins and I really like her thoughts about how to get things done and beat the feeling of slacking off, your if’s, your buts’ and all the stupid things that go around your mind that hinders you from accomplishing something and stops you literally, it just make a habit of wasting your time on worrying (by the way check her out on Youtube click here for the link she makes total sense and her explanation is backed up with scientific explanation).


I am a sensitive person and I love to think things through of literally about everything.

There is one thing she says that hits me wide awake on to something that I always do.

Mel Robbins says that motivation is useless because it’s not there when you need it. And I was like, my eyes are wide open and agreeing on her statement like a child has been told that the world is round.

But it is so much true, Mel Robbins says that motivation is not there when you need it and it has been the case for me on many occasions.

By the way, I get my motivation back by praying intently and reading passages in the Bible that hits me hard on my soul, He is my ultimate source of strength.

Anyway going back to Mel Robbin’s point, I really like to try her 5 second rule. It is basically counting backwards (I actually do the opposite) whenever you wanted to decide on doing something. This technique will stops your brain from reasoning out of the pros, the cons, the good and the bad and will just basically stops you from worrying on something that really didn’t happen yet and it will allows you to just work on the task as plainly as that. I don’t want to explain everything Mel Robin says about the 5 second rule here, so please pay her a visit on her Youtube channel, she explains it more elaborately and she also explains the science behind why it works.

I read an article before about the two minute rule and they kind of have the same idea but the 5 second rule is better in my opinion because you just have to count 5 seconds to actually put yourself on the “work mode”.

I procrastinate a lot and I talk about it here on my blog all the time and every time I remember those unproductive times make me feel horrible about myself because of the wasted time I spent on doing nothing.

I try to find things that will keep myself motivated just like exercising everyday and basically find inspiration over the internet of outstanding people that I follow with regards to personal finance.

This is the very reason I love Francis Kong too, because he is teaching about excellence and productivity and how is it aligned with what should be a believer of God.

Francis Kong quotes is like telling me God made us to excel and not to slack off. The Lord gave us everything we needed to succeed just like how the Parable of the Servants is told.

The Parable of the Talents

Matthew 25:14-28

Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his property to them. To one he gave five talents of money, to another two talents, and to another one talent, each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. The man who had received the five talents went at once and out his money to work and gained five more. So also the one with the two talents gained two more. But the man who had received the one talent went off dub a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.
After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. The man who had received the five talents brought the other five. “Master,” he said, “you entrusted me with five talents. See, I have gained five more.”
“His master replied, “Well done good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!”
“The man with the two talents also came. “Master,
 he said, “you entrusted me with two talents; see, I have gained two more.”
“His master replied, “Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!”

“Then the man who had received the one talent came. “Master.” He said, “I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. So I was afraid and went out and hid your talent in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.”
“His master replied, “You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.

“Take the talent from him and give it the one who has the ten talents. For everyone who has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

I love this Bible message and it makes me cringe a little bit on the end because there is a consequence if you have not used your talents wisely. And the passage in bold text totally makes sense to me in a way that when my family is tight with financial resources I always complain that my family is poor that is why I don’t have this and that. “whoever does not have, even what the has will be taken from him”, and for me that felt I am deprived by so many things because my family is poor, little  did I know that I am already equipped with everything that I need to succeed in life and I am just not using it. I felt like the third lazy servant. And I don’t want to be like that, that is why I am consistently putting efforts on doing things to succeed on all aspect in life. It might be slow, but it’s ok as long as I make progress little by little.

That is why I think that this 5 second rule of Mel Robbins for me is must try, so I can be in the “do it” mode rather than being in the “worry mode”. Like just work it girl because it is much better than doing nothing.

That’s it for today’s post. Sorry Up Career Monday’s run a little bit late because my off is moved to Wednesday and Thursday, but anyway it is better late than never.


Thanks again for reading all the way!

Follow my Instagram and Facebook account


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');