Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Thursday, August 16, 2018

How to Stay Grounded || Out of Control Ego || Self Entitled Millenials?


Being self entitled is one of my worst traits ever. I suffer from it when I was at school and even at work. I manage to somehow calm it down when I try to search for inner peace through intimately grow my faith as a Christian.


But sometimes my ego grows out of control again when I feel over confident about something.

That can be a bad sign, because a lot of bad things can happen when my ego gets loose. Here are some examples;


1.       I tend not to be mindful of throwing out jokes that might hurt my colleague. This is the last thing I want to do, to be a bissssh to somebody. This always makes me feel guilty at the end of the day and regret it a lot. True to what they say “once you throw out a word you can never get it back”, so I really want to be mindful of what I say to anyone.
2.     I might boast on to something that is not really who I am, so I am creating a persona that is totally opposite of me
3.     I basically talk crap that neither helps me or anyone around me. Positivity is really important trait that I think that helps people on a day to day basis. Especially on adult world where anyone can be so grumpy on the simplest things like traffic. Sharing positive light to everyone creates a difference on to one’s day. (Check out my post about how to be positive click on You’re Road || Dealing with Negativity at Home and at Work)


So how do I stay grounded?


These are my personal approach on how to stop being a bissssh and control my ego whenever overconfidence strikes in. This will be inclined more about faith because I truly believe that your character is shaped according to what you believe in. Sometimes it doesn’t show immediately but over time if you are as sensitive like I am, holding on to something sturdy helps me a lot in gaining my self-worth and self confidence back in the right way. With the right way I mean that I am confident but never mocking anyone down, not being a bissssh, and not hurting anybody in any way.

Let’s start!

1.       Prayer- without a prayer even for a single day I feel that something is missing inside of me. So I tried hard to pray every single day, I know sometimes it can be repetitive, but when the likes of over confidence strikes in and I am close to hurting people around me ( or worse if I already said hurtful things at them thru a joke) that is the time that I feel that I should not take prayer for granted. Prayer reminds me that I have sinned towards people and I need forgiveness just the same with asking forgiveness to the Lord Himself. That words keeps me grounded to not be boastful on to anything because at the end of the day we all ask forgiveness to the Ultimate Creator.

2.     I stay quiet- this trait of mine is not really something I suggest to anyone because this is my personal choice. Because for me its hard to tame my mouth if I don’t stop talking, so being quiet is really necessary for me to control my overflowing ego. And anyway I enjoy being silent and being alone so it really depends on what your personal traits are.

3.     Revisit my Goals- Focusing on to something that cannot be change will not do anything more positive or negative; the next thing to do is just move on. Stop crying over spilled milk and just do something else productive. Revisiting goals can be pretty handy because it brings you back to the question why. What are your goals? Why are you working? Why do you associate yourself with new colleagues? What are your long term goals? My motivation to save money for financial freedom and travel. Things like that. This will actually remove you from the bubble that it is okay to sometimes fail, what matters is you get back on track again.

That’s it guys.

I hope my mouth don’t get loose again and regret words I cannot bring back to my mouth.


Thanks for reading all the way!

Follow my Instagram and Facebook account

1 comment:

  1. Some more tips to Stay Grounded out of Control Ego are Ground yourself with meditation and Listen to music that helps you to calm down or that reminds you of something positive.
    November 2019 Calendar Printable

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');