Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Sunday, April 15, 2018

You’re Road! || Dealing with Negativity at Home and Work


Have you seen this famous line from a TV show or the social media? “You’re road!” simply means “you’re rude!”, it becomes so popular all over social media simply because the Filipina who says this pronounced the word rude incorrectly!


Anyway, we are not here to talk about that (its common for Filipino to laugh at people’s pronunciation in a good way, just to have something to laugh about).

The screenshot is from this link.


I wonder,

How do you react to negativity?

Maybe from yourself, parents nag, people complaining, workmates and anywhere else, you can imagine.



This is how I respond from negativity as far as I can remember it.

• I retaliate (an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth- if I get slander expect you will get slander as well)
• I quit (I say to myself I don’t have to deal with the person because I chase my own happiness above all, so I will leave that place and I am willing to start a new)
• I stay isolated (I don’t mind being alone but connectivity to other people brings opportunities)



So I say to myself?

Do I always have to respond with negative vibes that people around me create?

I genuinely believe it affects my whole relationship with other people. And how I absorb negativity makes me negative too. It becomes a domino effect. And I thought to myself if I am spreading negativity to everyone, people will also perceive me negatively.

And what will negativity do to my life?


• I might not get along with co-workers, friends and even my parents
• I couldn’t pass an interview (attitude plays a good role on choosing a right candidate in any position, so if I build negative thoughts around me for sure it will reflect on the way I talk)
• It closes opportunities because you put a wall around you (you safely distant yourself to others)

Let me ask this question again.

Do I always have to respond with negative vibes that people around me create?

Do I have to be negative as well in response to the negativity that I receive?


Absolutely No!



You Might be Interested in Post from Up Career



Turning Negative into Positive
Being positive all the time is draining. I’ve done it before and trust me it is draining. I couldn’t keep up.

Where do I find the strength to be positive all the time? 

Matthew 6:33

“But Seek first the Kingdom of God 
and His Righteousness, 
all these Things Will be given to You as Well”

It took me quite a long time in able to understand this bible verse. And for me, this means that we have a generous God. A gracious God that is supplying all we need and even what we want.

We are not lacking. God provides, He’s kind, He knows everything we want and needs.

He just wants one thing from us and that is for me it is letting everyone know that we are living under the Grace of God. In which all the complaining, rants and sighs we blurt out to people we communicate with is unnecessary. We are living in abundance because of His Grace and that is enough.

This interpretation of mine can all be different with each and every one of us. 

This passage might mean for me this, but for other people, it can be that. Its ok, I think God will communicate to you in different ways. But this is how I perceive this beautiful Bible Verse and I like to share it with everyone in the best way you I can do it. And for me, that is putting it in words and let it be known thru this blog and simple things just like bringing up a positive reaction with everyone I interact with every day (well I think that is my secret now as to why I am not getting drained of being positive).


So how do I connect all these stuff to career or being the best self you can be?

I believe that once you have this whole perspective in life that you are so blessed and all you need is supplied by the Grace of God it is easy to connect to other people and spread positivity to other people.

As I’ve said earlier, being positive will result in "people wanting to open up to you" which can lead to doors of opportunity.

Being positive about your own capabilities, knowledge will also push you to get more knowledge or practice your skills even more. 

Imagine this scenario, I am interviewed for a job vacancy and I felt really down.

Do you think the way I communicate with the interviewer will convince him/her to hire me?

No right?

So being positive will open doors of opportunity for you because people will feel, "oh he/she has a good perception or positive perception in life so  I'd love to work with him or her". 

(You're not road this time :))

Being positive will not only open doors of opportunity it will also be an opportunity for you to spread positivity to everyone you meet.

For example.

If you are in a group of strangers complaining maybe about the traffic, show them that you don’t have to be negative too (because I am blessed enough to be negative)! Let them somehow experience, like hey I am positive on the things that you worry about and I don’t need to add on your rant/complaining.


And I hope this will give an impact to people and hopefully it will create a whole new perspective in their mind. Try to be contagious of being positive (but don’t try too hard, do not try to impose them).

Here are some of the Bible Verses I read and are always great for me to be reminded of.

Matthew 6:30 

If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, 
which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, 
will he not much more clothe you, 
O you of little faith?

Matthew 21:22

If you believe,
you will receive
whatever you ask for in prayer.



I hope this helps. 

Final Thoughts
Don’t be so Road! Initiate the feeling of positivity and let everyone experience that “hey there is nothing to complain about, our Giver is more than generous enough to supply our daily needs and even what we want”.

That can be applicable to career too! Always remember you already have the things you need to level up your skills and knowledge. (Read post How to Pass a Dream Job Interview? Lessons Learned!) For example, you are great in making people laugh, you can be a great host just like Savings Pinay. Or if you have a talent for art like painting or even makeup. 

What i mean to say is there are a lot of skills you already have (with yourself) which can be improved so you can excel and reach your goal in life. I can enumerate a lot of examples but maybe that will be for another post. 

That's it!

Thank you for reading all the way!


UP CAREER Related Post

How to Save in HDMF Pag ibig Modified II (MP2) || Update on Pag Ibig Overseas Program (POP) || Saving up || Thinking Ahead




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');