Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

2018 Year End Reflections- Welcoming 2019 Strong! Blognigigi


My year has always been very challenging.


For today’s post I just wanted to reflect on a lot of things I have done this year and express my deepest gratitude to my source of strength, the Lord, for always being by my side and keeping me stayed focus on reaching my goals.

Here are my notable ups and downs for the year 2018!

Job Loss

Yes, I have been jobless for good old 2 months after resigning from my previous BPO company. I spent a lot of time applying from one company to another.

I initially wanted to be an online tutor however this experience has been a disaster for me. I blog about this briefly please check the link here, nevertheless, I needed to continue applying so I ended up applying to another BPO account which I am happy about.

This new job of mine is an upgrade of a lot of things, I couldn’t be more thankful for about having this job.

Started to Invest this 2018

Yes, I finally started to have another source of income and started to invest my money.

I did start FarmOn this June on one plot of rice but sadly it was onslaught by a typhoon. Anyway, I am not worried a bit because my investment is insured so they just move the planting this coming year January 2019 and I hope this will be a better year for the farmers more than to me.

I love farming ever since, this is actually my childhood dream, to be a farmer, however, I don’t think I will be farming my own land by near future, so supporting real farmers like FarmOn is one cause I really wanted to participate in.  By putting my money in FarmOn, not only I support local farmers but also when they profit they share part of the profit to us investors. It is a win-win for both ends.

Another investment I am happy to start this year 2018 is the Philippine Stock Market! Yes, I finally entered the stock market. My first stock pick is in color red sadly, but I am not worried they are blue chips stocks so their fundamentals are strong they just needed time to yield.

Here are my posts about the stock market so far.





I have been vocally expressing my not so good thoughts about the stock market but I still I ended up trying it because this is my best chance of earning passive income. A lot of gurus out there all have disclaimers that being a stock market investor is not an easy task and you can lose all your money in it however I still see their passion about the stock market and see that they continue to part of the Philippine Stock Market despite their disclaimer, so I decided to give it a try.


Blognigigi.blogspot.com Becomes A Personal Finance Advocate For Minimum Wage Earners

Upon setting up my blog, in the beginning, I initially put tabs namely Up Career, Beauty Review, Fooding Aside, Modest Fashion and for me, Up Career that time is writing about lessons I have experience in the corporate world, being an OFW and basically all my experiences pertaining to career.

I decided to be a Personal Finance Advocate for Minimum Wage Earners because I have been in the situation many times, where having that specific job doesn’t give me the freedom to live free and I know I needed to do something about it.

Did I tell you I have a total of 6 jobs already from different industry wherein most of my earnings is minimum wage or above minimum-wage.

How I long for financial freedom that time and up till now.

So I stop wishing for things to happen when all I do is my usual stuff, as they say, don’t expect something new will happen when you keep doing the same thing.

Sometimes, being a dreamer sucks.

Now, I understood that you have to get up and start working your butt off trying things that can possibly change the result that you’ve been getting all your life.

Blognigigi will be your Personal Finance Advocate and I will write down everything I tried out to reach Financial Freedom.

I hope you follow along and somehow inspire you to catch and secure your Financial Freedom too.





2019 Goals

My 2018 Goals have changed dramatically and a lot of them were not executed just like the Ice Candy Business, Travelling back to Dubai as a tourist and saving a specific amount of money.

Anyway, despite this, I still wanted to plot goals this 2019 to somehow see any progress I’ve made along the way even if it is not planned.

My 2019 Goals are:

Savings:                         100,000 php as my Emergency Fund ( I plan to achieve this up till 2020)

Stock Market:                Grow my portfolio at least 10% in 6 months

Blognigigi:                     Post two articles per week

Travel:                            I still long to travel as a tourist back to Dubai and I am hoping I can make it a reality this year.

House Mortgage:                   Update my payment on my house mortgage.

Pagibig MP2:                 Add at least 5,000 on my pagibig MP2

Reinvest in FarmOn:      My aim is to reinvest on 3-month yield crops like watermelon or poultry.

Wow! I am sure to have a lot of responsibility to fulfil this coming year. As usual, I wanted to stay low key and not to stress myself if in case I cannot fulfil any of these goals.

I am just so happy that my overall life has improved, not because I got a better job or because I have a new investment, I am truly happy nowadays because I finally understand that my strength doesn’t rely on my own but coming from the true source of everything which is the Lord.

I also found my real purpose in life, this is a bit petty but I am dead serious on sharing positivity towards everyone I interact with.

Gone with the days where I am the first person who complains and put a bad light on to other people especially the higher-ups.

Now I understand that everything you need to succeed is already provided by the Lord. All you have to do is stop complaining and use those talent and knowledge to succeed in life.

Being positive to everyone becomes easier now because of these realizations. And I couldn’t thank the Lord enough for letting me realize this.

That is it for now.

Thank you for reading all throughout this post.


God bless everyone!

Follow my Instagram and Facebook account



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');