Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Friday, August 4, 2017

Fooding Aside || Sta. Maria Dairy || Freshest Dairy Product Locally Available in San Jose del Monte

Sta. Maria Dairy, Blognigigi, Beauty Food Life,


Finally, I found the ‘freshest’ (if there’s a word like that) dairy product available in our area. I am really surprise and ecstatic when Sta. Maria Dairy opens in Star Mall San Jose Del Monte. I am a huge fan of dairy products, even on college I always crave for dairy (milk in particular).





As we all know the most common dairy product available in supermarkets are either on tetrapack (packaging on carton) or tin canned. Occasionally, carabao’s milk is available at our place thanks to a local vendor. She is generous enough to sell extra carabao’s milk (but this is not always the case since she owns few carabaos and milking the carabao is not their business, I think she just sells it for added profit). I remember I am always excited when she walks around the community to sell the milk and I always wanted to buy from her. What my mom will do is put on the heat and adds sugar to make ‘pastillas’ (a popular Filipino sweet candy). This pastillas is exquisite since the taste of carabao’s milk is one of a kind, it has a sandy texture to it and we make ours not too sweet. This is so addicting to eat. Yum!

Moving along, I didn’t know that Filipinos are deprived with availability of fresh milk I started realising it when I work abroad (Dubai, UAE). The milk carton that is usually available in our supermarkets’ is not so fresh after all I thought (well it is fresh but there’s fresher alternative). Just a quick description, in Dubai milk is delivered ‘everyday’ whether you are a huge supermarket or small store. That is how fresh it is. That is why I am so happy (can you tell?) that Sta. Maria Dairy opens and serves the ‘freshest’ milk ever. My favourite other than milk is the strawberry yogurt (I believe the strawberries are fresh too as I can see the bits of strawberry in it). The cow’s milk is creamy and it taste kinda resembles to powdered milk (not too much fan of cow’s milk). And I recently tried carabao’s milk (Philippine water buffalo milk) and I love it. Exactly how I remember carabao’s milk taste like. I usually serve it hot and if you notice there’s usually a thin line of milk building up on the top and when you taste it, it’s a bit rough this is distinct quality of carabao’s milk which is not present in cow’s milk. They also sell cheese, ice popsicles and yogurt.

Hope you are staying nearby and try it.


Beauty, Food, Life, https://www.facebook.com/Beauty-Food-Life-744814159008402/,

*This article is not sponsored, it is just simply delicious! J Click in for their Facebook Page here.

Update as of December 28, 2017: They already removed their stalls in Starmall San Jose del Monte, I am not quite sure where is their new place but you can still follow their Facebook Page for updates :). I am a bit saddened by this news.
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');