Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Thursday, August 24, 2017

My Skincare Routine: How to Get Clear Skin (Inexpensive Way) For Acne Prone || Beauty Review



www.blognigigi.blogspot.com, Skincare Routine, My Inexpensive Stash of Products that Works for, Acne Prone Skin, Blog ni Gigi

I always make it a point that I don’t spend much on things. Because first, I doubt I can afford an extravagant lifestyle and second, there is absolutely nothing wrong with cheaper alternative that I am sure that is just effective as the expensive ones.

Wouldn’t you agree?

That’s the same with skincare.


Just like to tell you real quick, I have a bad breakout before that makes me went to derma and bought products suggested by them. They give me moisturiser, pills, facial wash and another cream thing which I already forgot what was it for? My point is they are quite pricey (well not too expensive but these products you are sure you would stop and think first, before you purchase them) and unfortunately it didn’t work out for the type of skin I have (but never say never with acne prone skin cause you will never know what product might work out for you, it is crazy to think that there is no ‘one size fits all’ thing with acne so when you find it thanks God, I mean it).

Let me share to you the products I've tried over the years and has been approved by my acne prone skin.

So let’s start.

Beauty food life, facebook,


1.       I usually put on foundation when I go to work so first product I will share to you is Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO) [P200.00] to remove my makeup. I saw this routine from Immy Maryam on Youtube and I love her so much. My mind is blown when she shared her skincare routine and I immediately thought that this part is perfect for me so I tried it. The result is amazing.

2.      Second is to wash it all off with mild soap Johnson’s Baby Soap Lavender [P30.00]. I’ve been using this for ages. I love that it is lavender, I feel relaxed with the scent alone and I don’t just use it in my face but all over my body. Recently it’s quite hard to find one on drugstores or supermarkets, so if in case I didn’t find one I choose pink (I didn’t find pink so I grab the green as seen on the picture), but sure love to always have the lavenderL.

3.      Third product is Eskinol Cleanser (Derma Clear C is what I prefer better but I couldn’t find it so I take this one) [P15.00]. I love this to remove anything left on my skin and I notice that I look so much whiter when I use this. Probably it exfoliates dead skin more.

4.      I am trying out Apollo Castor Oil [P60.00] to grow my lashes so I apply it at night. Not sure about the result (will update you soon) but I love how it weighs down my lower lashes, it’s like I applied mascara on. I usually dip a cotton swab into the bottle and apply it from the roots to the tip of eyelash.

Nivea, Blognigigi,


5.      Then, moisturise. I’ve been telling you I am looking for a good eye cream, but until now the search is still on cause I look on the ones that has good reviews but its sky rocketing expensive (Help! Sponsor please!) So sticking with my good old Blue Nivea Cream [P80.00] for my face, sometimes I dab anything what is left on my hands under eyes (I don’t usually do this because as you all know I easily wrinkle on these area, just when I think I am super dry).

6.      Lastly, I will never sleep without my Benzac AC 10% [P230.00], I apply directly on areas that I have bumps only. This is my acne fighter, if ever I skip it just for one day I will start to see bumps on my skin. I know it sucks that I am dependent on this products but I couldn’t think of anything else. Good thing this is affordable as to compare to the one I use before Duac.

** Prices in [ ] Brackets are estimates as I can’t remember their exact prices, but for sure it is near the amount I mentioned.

But wait!

(I skip Benzac one time and use products mentioned on number 1 and 2, and I am surprise that my acne didn’t react. My skin is normal and looks hydrated. I wanted to experiment more on Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO) and will update you real soon. J)

Hopefully this will inspire you to create a perfect skincare routine. I couldn’t stress enough the idea that not all skin type are the same. With all these chemicals infused in the products it is so hard to find authentic ones' that will not cause you irritation or breakouts. Organics recently is what I’ve been eyeing. They are inexpensive and sure will not irritate the skin.

Thanks for reading all the way.

Hope this helps.

*Disclaimer: These are the products that works for my skin. It may or may not be effective to other people as we all have different skin types.

Like my Facebook page Beauty Food Life
Logo used in the photo are owned by their respective company in this case Facebook

 Beauty Food Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');