Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Grow Herbs, Veggie at Home & Where to Find Seeds || Garden


Thyme, mint, basil and a lot more; think you can’t grow it here in the Philippines?

Think again.

Because of our rich soil, most plants grow here in our country.

If you love to cook and have passion for growing things on your own; let me get you a kick start on how to do it.

Let us begin on where to find seeds:

A lot of seed available in the market are incredibly expensive. Some may range from 60 to 100 pesos per packet. But lucky you I found the cheapest so far tru Facebook here’s the link – Seeds Republic by HGS . And I attest to their legitimacy cause I order seeds from them myself. 

If you are looking for rare seeds you can get it in this Link . Just quite expensive though. They sell Php 60.00 per packet just like in the supermarket. I haven't tried ordering from them. Let me know if you do. ;)

Germinating Seeds

I’ve visited sites in the internet for germinating seeds and they do this technique so I decided to try it.

Get a container and place tissue paper in. Layer the seeds and moist it with water. Refill water as it evaporates.



Some of the seeds are successfully germinated –tomatoes, cucumber, lavender, lettuce and hot pepper-- but I have no luck with mint and thyme. Basil for sure is growing in the Philippines, my neighbor gave me plants before.

With mint and thyme I’m still trying to grow them until now and hopefully will update you what will happen.

Preparation for Soil

My soil is not that special. I took it from the next vacant land from our house. Before planting, I prepare my soil. I place it under the sun for a couple of days, thawing it from underneath just to make sure insects underneath go away.

Recently, I bought a mixture of coconut husk and coal for Php 100.00 and place it around my plants.

Transferring the Seed

Once I see the root of the seed coming out, I transfer them in a small pot covering them lightly with soil and water them.

And so far, here’s the result.


Can’t wait to much over with my Japanese cucumber and tomatoes, that will make a great salad. 

Yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');