Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Improving Your Typing Skills || How to




There may be a couple of reasons why you want to improve in this field. Whichever reason that is – it will be quite tough and requires constant commitment and dedication.

First things first:

Right tool for the right job.

I forgot where exactly I got this line from, but sure remind me a handful on doing stuff.

In order to improve in typing, you need somewhere to practice on (obviously) which you might already have at home - a PC and a good old keyboard. I suggest you grab a standard keyboard for beginners (pictures shown up). I don’t know what the difference is but it works fine for me (besides a lot of sites suggest the same so might as well follow).

Download Typing Test Software

At first I felt overwhelmed in the idea of downloading a typing software, however it’s not that bad after all. And the good thing about it is, it’s free. Click on here. After I download the software, I turned off my internet connection and run the program to my computer. I wanted to save my data that’s why, I test if it will work and it does!

After you download the software, you can pretty much follow what the software tells you to.

Practice as Much as You Can

Remember the article I write about scheduling (click here: Get Back on Track with Scheduling ) , insert this task as much as you could in order to develop a routine in your mind and eventually will help you achieve your goal.

Focus on Accuracy

It does miracle on improving my typing skills. The more you hit the right key, the more you advance your speed. After two months of practicing from 25 wpm with 85-95 percent accuracy, I now type 45-49 wpm with 90-98 percent accuracy. I know it’s not that a lot, but it’s a good achievement. Btw, I don’t plan to stop there yet. My goal is around 60 wpm maybe.  


Thanks again for reading all the way!

Have a good one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');