Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Save Money: Lose Weight w/o Breaking my Budget


On my last post, I mentioned that the biggest culprit on ruining my budget is food.

Because of my goal to be fit I’ve been trying out healthy foods that cost a bit more than my usual.


·        Whole wheat bread/pasta
·        Sweet potato
·        Healthy snack like dry roast almond
·        Almond milk

I didn’t include fruits because of whether or not I’m on a diet I always want to buy fruits.

With little result, I thought my whole diet fad is not sustainable.

A lot of fitness advocate says in able to lose weight or be fit in my case, one should be sustainable.

What do sustainable means?

It means that the changes you do to your fitness journey are the actual ones you will do and willing to do for a long period of time.

I need to balance my financial goals with my fitness goals so buying all these extra like whole wheat bread / pasta is not really what I am willing to do for a long period of time.



·         Read: Save Money 10K a Month
·         Read: Jobstreet Tip: Save the Best Job Last



What Works so far w/o Breaking my Budget

·        Stay away on extra sweets and fried food (it means no fried banana q, no candy, no biscuits with sweet fillings)
·        Less rice at night but an ample amount of food on breakfast and lunch
·        Snack on fruit instead
·        Brisk walk while going home (since I always walk far to catch the van I do brisk walking instead of taking my time)
·        Stairs in the morning (5 floors total)

One co-worker told me that he incorporate physical activity in his daily routine as much as possible.

The example he gave me is doing push up while watching TV.

And that is actually a brilliant idea.

Because I keep on eating less the result after a day or two is that I feel extremely hungry and tend to spend more on food than I should.

Which is not good on saving strategy.

My plan is to accomplish both financial goals and fitness goal at the same time.

My Plan in a Nutshell

·        Do not restrict myself on food (especially main meals) to prevent starving which results in buying food outside
·        Incorporate more physical activity on my an everyday routine like catching the UV express, transferring from one train to another
·        8 Minutes home work out by Blogilates (improving posture)
·        Continue staying away from normal snack items that you can buy at the store especially biscuits with filling (they contain a lot sugar than you think)
·        Keep it real with a snack (fruits or oatmeal is nice)



I just started this diet / fitness goal last Sunday and I hope I get results so I can achieve two of the most important plan I have my Financial and Fitness goal.

On the part of being sustainable, I think I am on the right track because I basically did not change my main source of carbohydrates, which is rice and I will still eat my usual protein.

Removing my bad snacks will eliminate too much sugar intake and increase in physical activity even when I don't go to the gym will burn me more calories which is great.

Honestly, going to the gym is not my thing so doing brisk walking while going home is one thing I can commit to doing as long as I am working.

That is it for now.

Thanks for reading all the way.

Follow my Instagram and Facebook account


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');