Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Monday, April 15, 2019

Save Money 10K A Month || Call Center Agent


I previously wrote on how I stopped saving money.

Saving money alone means losing money over time and will definitely not get me the Financial Freedom I want.

But actually, I am still saving money.


My plan actually still involves saving money, because hey, that is the first step in able for me to raise capital for my financial freedom journey.

Back to good old saving, I guess, but this savings will be on some investment platform of some sort for sure and will not gonna stay on the bank where it can lose its value because of inflation.

BackStory Why I Pursue Financial Freedom




·         Read: Jobstreet Tip: Save the Best Job Last


As much as I could, I am saving 5,000 pesos each cut off for a total of 10,000 pesos in a month.

I am trying to diligently save this amount.

Some month I am successful.

Other months like this month is not that great.

But anyways, I still rejoice on my small achievements and happy of how far my savings right now since I’ve started.

In able to save that amount I am trying my hardest to live within my means, budget and bringing lunch at work.


We actually have free lunch at work which I am so much thankful for but at times I still cook meals for lunch just to freshen up my taste a little bit.

You know catering meals can taste the same over and over again if you consistently eat them.

Anyway.

Just to elaborate more of how I save up 10,000 pesos a month I will list down the practical things I do to not overspend and safeguard the amount I wanted to pay myself with.

I Save Happily

I actually consider my savings as a reward for all the hard work I’ve done and when I save this is actually one of the happiest days in my life because I am a little bit excited about how can I able to grow that money in the future.


I am sure anyone is generally happy when saving because of the possibility of what we can do about it.

It can make our family smile maybe when you treat them at a restaurant and had a great time with them.

Or maybe it can make you happy doing the things that you love the most maybe travelling.

I think attitude plays a big role in saving money. So I say save happily.

Living Within My Means

I’ve been on a couple of jobs that offers minimum wage before so living within my means is not that new to me.

That means;

·        No new t-shirt every month
·        Less take-out food or eating out
·        No new things basically
I don’t mind having new things every month actually, my makeup last for months and new clothes and shoes can wait. I don’t like what is on the store anyway so it is easy for me to stay away from them.

Food is actually the biggest culprit on ruining my budget.

I try to eat healthy stuff these days and that means I buy a lot of fruits which can be expensive because I eat fruit every day.

Another thing that I’ve been spending on is supposedly healthy stuff like whole wheat bread, pasta and almond milk. For me, these are really pricy so I really like to make a different approach on dieting/being healthy which you will see later below.

Budget

My biggest budget plan for the month or semi-monthly is my travel expenses.

I basically live far from work so I have to save a specific amount of money right after I receive my salary.

I haven’t done this actually, but I think the idea has potential.

·        The total amount of my travel expenses for 15 days (aka 10 or 12 days depending how many days in a month) is less than 1,800 pesos.
·        With that money in mind, I will separate that portion already in my wallet and will never use it for other expenses like food or whatever
·        I will dedicate that space in my wallet just for travel expenses and nothing else.
·        In that way, I can keep track of my money and do not overspend


I think that might actually work for me because the biggest concern I have is travelling money.

Workout for Free

This is what I am talking about earlier when it comes to staying fit.

I think I might be making a separate blog for this because I think this is getting out of topic for this one.

But basically, I tried not to change so much in my diet this time and try to incorporate more physical activity in my day.

In this way, I don’t have to replace my normal food with whole wheat stuff which will add more to my expenses.

Final Thoughts

I will just leave my final thoughts with a bible verse here.

Proverbs 16:9
“In their hearts humans plan their course,
but the LORD establishes their steps.”

Have a blessed Holy Week everyone.

Follow my Instagram and Facebook account



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');