Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Monday, April 8, 2019

Minimum Wage Earner’s Jobstreet Tip: Apply on Best Company Last


Every time I needed to apply to another company it felt like I am fresh graduate when it comes to interview.


Despite quite a few job experiences and acquired confidence from all of that knowledge and skill I gained over time, I somehow still get dumped by the interviewer.

I will share to you my little secret I did last year in able to land on the job that likely matched my personality and my skill set.

The result apparently is quite OK since I found a job that fits my characteristic which is working with less interaction to people and work that doesn’t need to report to a superior all the time.

But before that, I wanted to insert what this blog is all about.





I am a personal finance advocate for minimum wage earner and I am on my quest to get a hold of Financial Freedom.




They say in able to achieve Financial Freedom one must learn how to make “money work for you”.

By the way, I am currently employed earning a bit over minimum wage but I have been on a couple of jobs before which pays exactly minimum wage plus tax back then, so I know what it is like to live within my means.

I am trying out some investment platform in which fulfils the saying “make your money work for you”, currently I am into PSE Philippine Stock Market.

I am no way endorsing anyone to try out the Stock Market I am just here to tell my own story if I will be profitable in this endeavour or not.

And by the way, the stock market is not the only way to be financially free. It can be anything, maybe business (not a passive income but a good way to accumulate wealth) or what’s more popular nowadays which is Youtube earning money thru advertisement and all other things.

The plan is to accumulate as much as passive income as I can until it is enough to cover my daily expenses and wants.

Moving on....

This post is not related to getting a passive income and is about the strategy I did to get another job.


My JobStreet Tips

My tip when applying is to practice first. 

Yes, at home is nice, you can spend some time practicing at home and checking out videos over the internet on what questions to expect and how to answer them.

Example of question is this one below; please find more over the internet it will help you a lot for sure.

Why do you want to work as _______?


Real Interview Practice

After practising, practice more.

But this time in real settings.

You probably didn’t just spot one opening on Jobstreet.

What I do is pick 3 or 4 jobs that I think I am qualified and rank them accordingly.

I start applying on a job that I think I will be qualified but I think is too far from home.

But regardless, I applied anyway.

My aim is to have a job interview and somehow pass.

I did pass on some jobs but I ended up not continuing after weighing the pros and cons of me having that job.

Like I said earlier it’s far from home.

Since I pass, I now have an idea how much is the salary so I weigh it, if that is what I really like or not really.

Lastly, I rejected it. Politely of course.

At first, I feel, what if I won’t find another job just like that?

Which brings me to my 3rd tip.


Always Expect for the Better When Job Hunting.


At times when I wasn’t accepted and still scared of the thought “what if I won't find anymore job”, I smiled back and shrug it off.

I will find a job.

Remember My Jobstreet Tip #2: Expect for the Better

Consider your failed and almost a successful job interview as Practice.

Last year after I resigned from Sykes, I went through 2 failed job interviews and two success which in turn I turned down (the reason is most likely the place is too far and one is almost a scam actually).

After months of applying to these companies, I still have two options to apply to.

At this point doubt really scares me, because if I didn’t pass one of these two job openings I need to go back on the first step and find other job openings that match me.

But I shrug all the doubts away because if I continue to entertain it, it will not lead me anywhere nice anyway.

So I set a positive mind and applied to the best fitting job opening I’ve been eyeing on for weeks already.


Save the Best Job Opening Last

Remember to pick a couple of job openings and rank them?

After few practices from real companies I somehow have the courage to believe that I can pass the interview to this job opening that I ranked 1st (in terms of match to my abilities, background and my personality).

Just like my tip #2 always be positive.

I’ve been thru a bunch of real-life practice interview, so I now know to always be jolly to the first line of interviewer because they are the key for you to get the final interview.

And true enough, after treating my last 4 failed job interviews, I finally get this last job opening.

In which I am happy because this is exactly the job description I am aiming for that match my personality and my abilities, plus I actually achieve the salary I am aiming for.

Just a recap.


What I did is;

·        Find a couple of jobs that you like (try to aim for job descriptions that match your qualification and personality)

·        Treat the first three jobs as practice and try to take notes on why did you fail those interviews and what could you have done better in able to pass that interview

·        With failures, do not be discouraged, treat those as your strategy to learn

·        Save the best job opening last after failing maybe 2-4 times (this number is not definite just adjust it to your abilities, you might be better than me and actually gets the best job on the second try)

·        Lastly, always believe you will get the best job for you

That is it.

I hope you try this one out as your strategy on getting the perfect job for You.


Thanks for reading all the way!

Follow my Instagram and Facebook account

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');