Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Sunday, November 17, 2019

Social Media Influencers are Doing Social Media Diet & Why You Should Too


I love social media but too much of something as you figured is not healthy for anyone.

So here are the top 3 reasons why I or you should stop now;


1.       Social Media deteriorates your health.


Too much time on your phone sitting or laying around is equal to a sedentary lifestyle, which means it will make you lose your valuable muscle mass over time which in turn makes you sick.

According to inquirer.net Filipinos spend an average of 10 hours and 2 minutes on any device and it’s outrageous in my opinion.

That is so true in my case especially I like a lot of quality time by myself and I tend to just binge on a lot of topics online whether it may be on pictures, articles, videos or games.


2.     Social Media Snatches Away Your Valuable Time


Time is everything. You can either spend it for your entertainment or make valuable memories with it just like..

spending time with families and friends,

looking after your physical health (an hour of active walking lets you get out of the sedentary lifestyle and make you slightly active and that is my goal) or

building your side project to build extra income

or make a new hobby.



3.     Influencers Are Doing Social Media Diet so Why Am I Doing the Opposite???


I’ve watched a couple of videos from Youtube Creators implementing social media diet in their life and for me, if the influencers themselves know the negative impact of too much time on their phone, why, me an ordinary person will dedicate my entire 10 hours and 2 minutes on using my phone doing whatever.

It doesn’t make any sense.

Our phone is like the modern-day idiot box.

Yes we have problems and we want to forget them with watching interesting topics on our phone but time is really expensive.

And I am sure nobody wants to turn 30 or 40 years old and have to say to themselves that they haven’t done anything really.

My tips to limit your time on your phone while not feeling deprived of entertainment.


·        Use your phone while waiting in the car for two hour ride to from school or work, plug in your headsets and listen to your materials ( I do not recommend watching while in the car because I become nauseous when I do that plus its good for your eyes too)

·        If you have to choose between a chore vs a good video on Youtube, just chose to turn off your mobile phone or any device and I am sure out of boredom you will opt to just do your chores that way.

·        Watch on your phone while lifting a pair of dumbbell and make small steps from left to right. This way you are building strength in your bones and muscles while satisfying your cravings from binge watching.

·        Play your phone while doing laundry or cooking meals, multitasking is the best way to go, you are getting entertained while not wasting your precious time.

Final Thoughts

The digital age is like a double edge sword, it can either make or break you.

There is nothing wrong getting inspiration from beautiful people over the internet once in a while but please do not submerge yourself with pure inspiration.

Know when is the time to snap out of it and start working towards something amazing just like I listed up.

The huge motivation for me is my health. I notice that I get sick a few times a year now more than before and that is because of my sedentary lifestyle.

So I figured if I could just push myself to stop myself on being on my phone and replace it with walking in place inside the house while lifting 10 pounds weights will make so much difference with my overall health.

An hour of walk outside is more than enough too to get your body moving away from a horrible lifestyle.

That is it for now.

Thanks for reading all the way!



Follow my Instagram and Facebook account



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');