Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Sunday, January 24, 2021

Investing in yourself | When You're Unemployed

     

My new take on investing in yourself. 


Three years ago, I wrote a similar post about Investing in Yourself and I point out the importance of practicing skills and growing your self-identity by doing the things you love


Learn from men in the Bible when distressed, 

there is healing in fasting. 

Like what Jesus said, "...man does not live on bread alone, 

but on everyword that comes from the mouth of God."


Basically to focus on hobbies. 


When everyone thinks that buying seeds and garden supplies are a waste of money, investing in yourself means, these are necessary and we don't mind at all.




This time around, I have another way of investing in yourself.


That is focusing on HEALTH.


If I may describe myself in a day, this is roughly how I am. A constant cycle of degrading habits that is  NOT leading me to my dream. To be FINANCIALLY FREE.


    When thoughts just keep pouring in at night.


    Feeling anxious about applying for a new job.


    The thought of dealing with difficult people again?


    Just plain lazy.


  The moment you start doing something and the next moment you wanted to do something else.


    Cannot tolerate stress and end up in disagreement with people around.


These things HINDERS me on a great scale.


    It affects my money. 


    My career. 


    My dignity. 


    My spiritual growth. 


    It pushes me away from people and beyond.


Finding Videos from Dr. Berg


Health is something I neglected a lot because I thought that I am generally healthy.


I even boast to myself that my body heals fast and know what to crave for to address certain sickness.


But that changes when the doctor found fibrosis in my left lung.


It wasn't active and that's a good news. But everytime I try to find employment, they will see my lung scar and I have no idea what will be the implications.


A lot of Inflamation & Brain Fog


Sadly, I needed to have this disease so that I can take myself seriously and prioritize myself.


Accidentally, I found series of videos from Dr Berg, who believe to treat the symthoms FROM INSIDE OUT.


I binge on a lot of his videos.


    About inflammation in the body.


    Unending thoughts in the head. Brain fog. Depression. . ADHD. Laziness.


    Cannot tolerate stress.


    And a lot more...


The more I am INFORMED the more I am convince on following Dr Berg's method because in the first place they are easy to do. 


Just basically eat healthy, avoid sugar, hidden sugar and carbs. (although the carbs part is a bit of a struggle because of my asian descent.)


If I may say, just increase your veggie consumption by 10 times, do the low carb diet and intermittent fasting. 


I don't want to lecture here in the blog, what Dr Berg have said in his videos but try to start off with this video (click here for Dr Berg's Vid) and see for yourself.


Overthinking


One big thing that I wanted to achieve is mental focus. To stop being lazy. Stop being ADHD. Stop being stressed. 


And to eliminate that I have to eat the most nutritious food. I added B-vitamins in my diet thru nutritional yeast non-fortified, I added wild cod liver oil capsules for added omega 3 and try to avoid rice and sugar as much as I could.


I am winning with the added sugar part, but the rice is still there. Although my rice portions was descreased.


Inflammation


One big noticeable thing that happened to me is that I noticed less inflammation in my body.


I don't cough at night anymore. I still get sore throat but when I CUT BACK on rice and prolong my fasting, my sore throat is getting better.


What I am trying to say Here


Is that, I have no idea that neglecting my health and poor diet choices have huge effect on my mental abilities too.


Maybe that is the reason why I don't excel on my previous entry level work.


Because I don't have the mental sharpness I needed to learn fast and get the job done fast.


With a lot of carbohydrate intake, my brain cells are somewhat decreasing. I stutter, I easily forget things, I cant complete my sentence.


Like obviously, who wanted to hire a person like that?



So invest in yourself ' HEALTH WISE ' and be better mentally, physically, and spiritually it will help you too because you wont pick a fight with people around you now that you have developed your stress tolerance. 


And lastly, investing in your overall health will for sure lead you to a career that will take care of your financial goals eventually.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');