Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

The New Self Care - Doubt, Unending Thoughts, Laziness and more



When I do self-care activities, what was usually planned ahead was..



    Going to cinemas with friends..

    Dining in and eat double pizza alone..

    A good meaty soup with veggies for everyone in the family..

    Take a calming window shopping..

    Buy a bunch of sweet snacks, chocolate, donut, fudge ice cream..


For me, self-care is the time to RECHARGE my body and soul. 



Learn from men in the Bible when distressed, 

there is healing in fasting. 

Like what Jesus said, "...man does not live on bread alone, 

but on everyword that comes from the mouth of God."


Not Enough for a Self-care

Although all these things are fancy, the going out part, eating what I crave for, and eat a nutritious meal are ALL pleasant, but this kind of self-care is not enough to REMOVE the stress I accumulated.


Yes, they are all fun and enjoyable at that moment and somehow my mind is off to stress in a short period of time. But again, its not enough.


Stress may mean unsubstantial for a while, however, over time, as it piles up it created a huge impact on my overall health and mental competitiveness.


Let me start off with physical health.


Although, I boasted a lot about ' my worst sickness is just cough and cold' , in 2019 a doctor saw scarring on my left lung.


That is NOT good news.


I also noticed a worsening inflammation in my throat. A re-occurring cough, especially at night and first thing when I wake up.


In the beginning, I thought that normal cough and cold are easy to deal with, but, surprise, now that I have a scar in my lung, it changes everything and if I am not careful I can easily get complications.


My 'Self Care'  of having soup with a lot of veggies on weekends with the family turns out to be not enough to improve my health.


And the rewarding things like chocolate, fudge sundae, and donut are not helping, if not, it worsen and slows down my healing.


I begin to learn these things when I came across Dr. Berg. He talks a lot about healthy keto/low carb/Intermittent Fasting and educating a lot of people how sugar, carbohydrates can be detrimental to health.


Donuts, chocolates, and fudge sundaes, that is all sugar, sure relieve my stress for a while but it doesn't help with my worsening cough and sore throat. Well, that is Self Care for me I guess.


Talking about more carbs.


Though its a bit hard, especially for being a Filipino to eliminate carbs aka rice, I slowly reduced my carb intake. 


Intermittent fasting for me is life-changing because I can see results instantly. The next day, my coughing in the morning is significantly less.


Next.


Mental Competitiveness

With all the self-care things I talk about above, what does it all have to do with the sharpness of mind? Slow thinker. Learning fast. Brain fog. Focus. Fatigue. Unmotivated. Unending thoughts. And being resilient with work stress?


As my body is degrading, there is also one area that is hurting inside of my body.


That is my brain health.


Since there is a lot of inflammation in my body, would you think that you can be  100% working mentally?


Another thing that I learned about Dr Berg is that there is a huge connection with anxiety, brain fog (which I am a lot of times), unending thoughts, being unfocused with underlying HEALTH ISSUES.


So I am all these things I mentioned earlier.


And now what?


It is hurting a huge area of my life and that is work.


Although I believe that I am a fast learner and can learn anything, with brain fog, I just can't fully function very well. In short, I became stupid. (aw that hurts)


Also, I become too sensitive, which creates anxiety. Petty things were magnified in my head and I am ready to pick a fight to protect my cause whatever the consequences may be.


With all this constant relationship stress I am facing at work, I always wanted to go get another job and start anew. That is a whole new topic.


Final Thoughts on Self Care


I strongly believe now that stress and poor food choices can greatly affect us in all areas of life.


    Work

    Money

    Relationship

    Spiritually

    Family


Simply because the brain cannot function very well.


I can easily throw anger. To anyone.

I can overthink in a negative way.

I can be in constant thought.

It's hard to follow instructions.

Always tired and lacking motivation.



I highly recommend to research a lot and check out Dr Berg's video's and see if it can help you.


Apologize that I cannot recommend much about health, simply because I am not the right person to explain them.


But simply reducing my sugar intake and fasting has shown great results for me.


That is it for now. Thanks for reading all the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');