Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Waiting for time to be Motivated... Lazy Problems??? What's holding back Productivity



Veggies. 

There is no shortcut to this, skipping veggies does a whole lot to my productivity (I noticed).

'..the flesh is weak', even Lord Jesus is aware of our capabilities, 
what we can and cannot do.

As you all know I am trying my best to invest in myself and started dealing with my basic health. (with high hopes that this will eliminate my laziness and then work on my career and finance)


My biggest worry is my laziness and I try to focus on this a lot.


It would take me a whole day to lay around and wait for that inner motivation to kick in.


No matter how many inspirational quotes from successful people I try to watch or read, its just not enough to make me move out of the couch and work on a career I wanted to be successful in.


Veggies


Some notable veggies I wanted to point out are napa cabbage, cabbage, bokchoy, and mustard leaves.


I think that anything that is leaf base veggies makes a big difference, alongside ditching rice or any carbohydrates or probably submitting to an acceptable amount of carbs as suggested by the healthy keto diet..


As an experiment, I tried to substitute leafy veggies with a root veggies potato and there is no doubt that leafy veggies win and does a miracle with my laziness.


With keto or low carb diet, you aren't supposed to eat starchy vegetables (potato) actually, but my body is not yet accustomed to full low carb yet, so I still crave potatoes, a few spoons of rice, and hidden sugar in milk here and there.


It might sound like I am not that serious enough about prioritizing my health but I am trying to. 


And slowly making adjustments.


Malunggay Powder

From binging a lot of videos from Dr. Berg, he emphasizes a lot on the importance of veggies in a low-carb diet.


For obvious reasons, you get a lot of vitamins from vegetables.


So I thought, that since malungay powder is like a superfood here in the tropics, why not eliminate the leafy veggies and just replace it with malungay powder. (specially on times we don't put fresh malungay leaves on our food).


In my opinion, fresh leafy veggies still win. I don't want to deny the fact that malungay is amazingly nutritious but upon consuming malungay powder alone, I still lack the push to move actively / stop being lazy.


Veggies are Home for Good Bacteria in the Gut


I just recently watched another video from Dr Berg, that there is a huge connection between good bacteria in the gut vs anxiety, worry, and stress.


Being resilient stress is another BIG THING for me. Being able to remove excessive thoughts, and not worry too much.


These three things will improve my relationship with other people especially if I return to employment.


Maybe, consuming leafy veggies is one of the reasons why I feel really good and productive.


My good microbes in the gut are happy and doing their thing as long as they get plenty of veggies.


I will for sure make another post about this after consistent days of consuming leafy veggies.


Preparing Veggies 


One downside of eating veggies for me is changing the flavor every day.


Remember I saved beef nilaga and ate it for three days. By the third day, my tastebud is already tired of beef nilaga (if I reheat nilaga I add fresh bokchoy and cabbage to the soup).


So I am on a mission to be creative and if not, I will try to be accustomed to eat the same flavor everytime.


    What's on my list of food Choices


Simple burger patties(store-bought) and fresh coleslaw.

Veggie Kare Kare (although I can't promise that I can make this because it has a lot of ingredients)


I will start with just these two and update here soon enough.


So my goal here now is to give a home to beneficial bacteria on my gut and hopefully, this will make an improvement on my overall brain function.


That is it, for now, thanks for reading all the way.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');