Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Maybelline Matte Lipstick Review + Tips on Choosing Colors

Maybelline LOADEDBOLDS, Chocoholic, Lipsticks, Soft Matte, Matte Lipstick, Maybelline POWDERMATTES, Rosewood Red,



Good news! Maybelline Matte Lipsticks are currently on sale. My love for Maybelline as you know is huge. So let us hear what I have to say for this one.


Let’s start.



I got two Matte Lipsticks to review one is the Maybelline LOADEDBOLDS by Colorsensational in Chocoholic and the Maybelline POWDERMATTES by Colorsensational in Rosewood Red. I am not sure why they have to put “Colorsensational” in the names, maybe this is a collaboration of some kind but I am not sure. Anyways as you noticed I picked up two seriously pigmented colors. I am liking it at the moment and why not cold season (fall/winter on other parts of the world) will be here before we know it.



Swatches

Maybelline LOADEDBOLDS, Chocoholic, Lipsticks, Soft Matte, Matte Lipstick, Maybelline POWDERMATTES, Rosewood Red, Maybelline Matte Lipstick Review + Tips on Choosing Colors,



Here are the swatches on  my hand. As you can see these two colors have a deep red in it. The rosewood red I think has a bit of deep purple’ish and red combination while the chocoholic is a combination of brown and red.


Application


When applied on lips, I love how pigmented they can be and matte is “ughh” so satisfying. Gone with the days when I have to buy shiny/glossy lipsticks.



Downside




I thought that if I get a deep color I can able to see color difference. But as I try to convince myself it is not red I still see the çhocoholic' is leaning towards the red side, making my color choices useless. The 'rosewood red' is showing its purpl'ish color sorry for the picture didn't reveal what exactly I am talking about but it has this purple/magenta color; while 'chocoholic', I really couldn’t tell whether my lipstick is red vs chocoholic? Could you see it? Or am just color blind? 


I tried a remedy by putting foundation on my lips before applying the lipsticks and here are the results.



Still, 'chocoholic' has the red pigment while the 'rosewood red' became a bit purpl'ish-pink. 



Good Points


Nevertheless, Maybelline soft matte lipsticks are still great. They are non-drying and it stays on the lips for a pretty long time. When you eat the color will become paler but it will not leave you , it will stay there, it will just look like a tint all throughout the day.



Will I recommend it?



Hmmmn if you are looking for red lipstick yes but if you are just like me wanting to try different color maybe we need to find a much pigmented one that is definitely not close to a red color.  I cannot fully say no to the product since I only tried two colors, I checked their website and they have 'toasted brown' and 'raw cocoa' which is close to the brown I like but I am not sure if the color is pigmented enough when applied on the lips (need try on stores next time). 


+ Tips on Choosing the Right Color


• Swatching on hands doesn’t really help that much for me so definitely put the color directly to your lips. (Maybe because these are ‘soft mattes’ other lipstick might not be the same.)

• Most stores have a different setting on lights so you definitely want to go see your swatches on daylight.

• Don’t rush, if you want to try a lot of colors take time to decide or better yet bring friends so you can see each other’s swatches. The more the merrier.  


Anyways for the price P199.00 it is still a great find. If you are looking for matte lipsticks that are long lasting, non-drying and have a lot of colors to choose from Maybelline is still on top of its game. Aside from PowderMattes and LoadedBolds they also have Nude colors. You will definitely find the color you like. 



Thanks for reading all the way.



Hope this helps.

1 comment:

  1. This matte lipstick review is really awesome. Thanks to share this beautiful matte lipstick review. I believe makeup is an important part of women's life and a perfect lipstick gives a great look of hole makeup. I can't imagine a single day without my makeups. I love to use my favorite Liquid Matte Lipstick for my lip.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');