Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

My DIY Sugar Wax Doesn’t Get a Grip Anymore How to Fix It?

Homemade Sugar Wax, Blog ni Gigi, blognigigi, store sugar wax properly,

I am a fan of Sugar Waxing. I am such a fan that I make myself one at home. Since I wax literally every month I thought of making a lot of Sugar Wax put them in storage and grab them every time I need them, so I don’t have to go through the process of making it from scratch all the time. This will definitely saves time.



The first 2-3 months go on smoothly; I grab the Sugar Wax, reheat them briefly with my wax burner and use it. However, when the time comes to wax again my recipe didn’t have a grip anymore. No matter how I dust my skin with powder, apply the wax and pull it with homemade strip, it doesn't work anymore it just stays on my skin and hair. This becomes very messy, painful and annoying. Just imagine how I pull my hair half way tru but it wasn’t pulled out completely.



Ouch!


I initially thought of throwing it away but don't, I will teach you how to fix this problem and continue to enjoy waxing at home without fuzz.


So here’s what I did.


1.      Put a good amount of wax into a pan (I am using the wax burner here so I can take descent pictures but definitely you need a pan and a stove).

Homemade Sugar Wax, Blog ni Gigi, blognigigi, store sugar wax properly,


2.    Set in lowest heat and bring to boil.
3.     Once you see bubbles all over turn the heat off.
4.    Get a tiny bit of sample and let cool.

Homemade Sugar Wax, Blog ni Gigi, blognigigi, store sugar wax properly,


5.    Grab the wax and test it on the hair on back of your hands. (you don’t have to use a waxing strip, just use your fingers, spread it on skin and pull opposite to the direction of hair growth)
6.    If it did not work start over to step 1-5. Until it is strong enough to remove the hair from the back of your hand.

I did this process of maybe around 5 times to actually get the right consistency. I did this step to not overcook the sugar because when I do, it will become a hard candy and I cannot use it as wax anymore.


Question?


Does my DIY sugar wax has an expiry?

Yes. But since we use ingredients that act as preservatives (sugar and calamansi juice or lemon) sugar wax can last long. I would say a year if stored properly.


How to store my Homemade Sugar Wax?



I like to store mine inside the vegetable compartment of the refrigerator.



Hope you try this trick when you experience this problem. So when waxing time comes everything will go back to normal. No mess. No sugar wax left on hair or skin. And the whole process will be smooth and quick. If you like to check the recipe I follow for Homemade Sugar Wax I made a post about it before click here.


Wax Burner from @Scent for Senses P250.00
• Ready Made Sugar Wax @DIY Sugar Wax  P55.00  


Thanks for reading all the way.



Hope this helps!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');