Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Review : Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless || Drugstore Foundation || First Impression || Beauty Review ||Blog ni Gigi

Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation




Maybelline is one famous ‘drugstore makeup’ brand here in the Philippines. Fit Me Matte +Poreless came out and I am finally giving it a try. I wouldn't be trying it out if not recommended by my favorite YouTuber Kim Thai. I so love her. I know any product may have different result with everybody so I will try this one out, considering the weather here in the Philippines and my skin type.



So let's get to it.

My Skin Type:

I believe it is very crucial to determine your skin type. I have an acne prone skin. It is normal for me to have a shiny skin on the t-zone area completely without makeup on. My cheeks near the jawline area is normal to dry. I can say it is the healthiest looking part of my skin maybe because I didn't have breakouts on that area before.

Why am I eager to mention it? Because Maybelline Fitme Matte + Poreless indicates that it is for “Normal to Oily Skin”. In which it totally makes sense since it will make your skin Matte. 

Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless, Drugstore Foundation, Best, blog ni gigi, blognigigi,

  
Application:

I use a dupe beauty blender in applying the foundation. So here’s the result. Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation does makes you matte which is a good sign. And the coverage is good. It has erased my redness and dark spots. But my birthmark under the left side of my nose is still noticeable. I did reapply the product on that area alone but still a bit of color is peeping thru. So I guess this is a medium coverage foundation.
Review : Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless || Drugstore Foundation || First Impression || Beauty Review ||Blog ni Gigi
Matte + Poreless?

Maybelline Fit Me is great! I am looking at it under natural sunlight and I look fresh and well powdered. I normally have big pores because of acne and with this foundation the appearance I would say is the same. I cannot say it minimize my pores (adding primer might help) but it’s alright.


Review : Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless || Drugstore Foundation || First Impression || Beauty Review ||Blog ni Gigi


    • Mattifies and refines pores
  • Matches natural tone
    • Natural seamless finish

Maybeline Fit Me Matte + Poreless has 12 shades in total which is good it will give us the freedom to find the right color for us. I took the shade 125 Nude Beige, but I wish I took a lighter shade. I am this color right now (125) because I caught a tan from daily taking the public transport, otherwise I should have took a lighter shade (I like to look fairer also J).

Review : Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless || Drugstore Foundation || First Impression || Beauty Review ||Blog ni Gigi


Price:



A drugstore foundation is normally affordable I got mine at Watsons for P 399.00 ($8.00).   
Review : Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless || Drugstore Foundation || First Impression || Beauty Review ||Blog ni Gigi, blognigigi,


Final Thoughts:



I surely love this foundation. It does the job well. It has Medium Coverage which is perfect for everyday use. It covers redness and spots but your skin is still there. It looks like you just put a powder on but not cakey. I test it at home for around 3 full hours and overall I still look fresh and smooth. I kinda look a bit shiny again on the t-zone area especially on the nose even I didn’t do much physical activity that hour, I believe this is the time to retouch with a good powder. 

Will I Recommend It:




Yes. I will recommend it. If you are starting out with makeup Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless is a great find. It is easily accessible "drugstore makeup", affordable and gives you a good coverage. It will make you look fresh, presentable and put together compare with not applying foundation at all. And I love how it is so light on the skin.


A thumbs up indeed.

Hope you enjoy this review as much as I do.

Follow my Socials
Facebook page Beauty Food Life
Logo used in the photo are owned by their respective company in this case Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');