Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Meaning of Werpa, Lodi and FF || Keeping up with the Millennial’s


This is a bit off of my usual post but I wanted to share it anyway just in case someone out there might need help just like me.
I am a bit amazed that there are Pinoy (Philippines) Slang out there that I am not familiar with. Asking what is it right away might be the easiest thing to do but I find it really awkward and a bit weird to ask from someone. (haha they might judge me, just kidding)



Well, here they are the meaning of new Pinoy slang Werpa, Lodi and FF.



Werpa- means “power”. It is the product of playfully transposing the syllables from “po-wer” into “wer-pa”. Making the letter “a” instead of “o” makes it sounds more Filipino.

It is usually used as a cheer to boost someone’s confidence.

Example:   It’s my exam today, werpa!



Lodi- means “idol” spelt backwards. Commonly used as a tease to someone who is good at winning the hearts of many girls (womanizer) but can also be used simply as idolizing a certain character, for example, you are good with studying etc..

Example:   John Lloyd is my Lodi when it comes to girls.



FF- means following. It is commonly seen on Facebook comments thread. People simply put “FF or ff” so they can be notified once there is a new reply to that comment post.




It took me a while to find out what is the meaning of “ff” as I often hang out on Facebook and I always see this term when I read in the comments section. I know that ff is meant following but I don’t understand why they put it in the comments thread. Thank God I now know its meaning and just like to comment that it is simply brilliant. Putting two letters in the comment section or even any character actually will give you a Facebook notification whenever there’s new comment added to that post. (sorry for being shallow but I am just amazed)


So there you have it, the 3 new Pinoy slang that I didn’t know existed and apparently is commonly used now by everyone. If in case I discover another word that is unfamiliar to me I will definitely want to write their meaning’s here.


Thanks for reading all the way!


Follow my Instagram and Facebook account




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');