Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Monday, May 13, 2019

Save Money 10k A Month May 15 Update



Another salary, another opportunity to save money!


This mid of the month I am aiming to save 3,900 pesos because I will be having a new goal that will make me less guilty saving money for financial freedom.

I will explain more later.



My saving from last cut-off doesn’t look pretty good because I tend to use 3,000 pesos out of it. (I didn’t put it directly to my Stock Market account like I usually do.)

I ended up buying a new pair of shoes, which is sad because I didn’t save up money for this purpose.

So, the real total for the whole month of April is just 5000 pesos.

I think I am overspending way too much and it saddens me because I don’t know why I can’t control my overspending?

Reasons:

I can say a lot of reasons aka excuses when it comes to not sticking within my budget.

And I feel that this is my very dilemma long time ago when I was still earning minimum wage.

Problems do cycle up when you didn’t even know it was a problem before, so that is why I want to sit down and think what I have done wrong and what I need to do to so I cannot do the same mistakes again on saving money for financial freedom.

Basically, I felt really guilty saving only for investments.


·         Read: Save Money 10K a Month April Update

·         Read: Save Money 10K a Month

My Faith

As a Christian, I feel that I should also prioritize my tithes the same as prioritizing my financial freedom.

Thank God I already know what to do and where will I send my tithes now, that is why I will cut down with my savings to diligently pay up tithes to the Lord into a church which I know the works of Christ will continue to spread.

I am a product of bible studies, I wouldn’t have this strong faith in Christ if I didn’t have the chance to attend bible studies.

One of my favourite church is The Lords Flock and my manager’s church (I forgot the name because I haven’t gone to their the actual church we just had bible studies at her office every Monday) when I am still working at SSS Main Branch. They have a different religion, one is Catholic and one is Christian, but for me it doesn’t matter, as long as both believe in Jesus Christ and their work leads to making people get closer to God that is the most important thing for me.

Self Love

This is kind of my selfish side. Every now and then I wanted to feel great about my own skin so I tend to look forward purchasing things I want and trying out services that will make me feel well loved and taken care of.

And I feel that this is so important for anyone, because without taking care of yourself you will definitely feel burned out.

And that means you cannot perform well with anything. I think you will find it really hard to work if you don’t feel confident on your own, you cannot serve others if you cannot even take care of yourself.

You might be interested in:


I always love the examples given by doctors and nurses, every time I visit a hospital when I am sick.

Doctors and nurses look very clean and presentable. For me, why would they do that when the people who will see them are just a bunch of sick people.

But still, they go out with their best self because it is a representation that I can cure you because I know how to do it and my perfect example is myself.

I love that!

Financial Goals

Finally, my last goal is to be financially free thru saving and investing.

Receiving my salary every payday should not only fulfil my spiritual needs (tithes) and my wants, but it should also fulfil my financial goals.

I definitely don’t want to look back 5 from now and say to myself, I still live payday after payday.

Ultimately, I don’t want the idea that if I stop working I will cut-off my source of income.

I want to be able to be free after 5 years and I want to confidently say to myself that even if I resigned from work I can still, live comfortably.

Not that I will resign from work, I love my work because it fits my character really well so I don’t see any reason to resign.

I just want the idea that I have in control of my life and not the other way around.

Recap

Savings May 1-15
P 3,900.00
Tithes
P  1,100.00
Self Love Fund
P    500.00
Total
P 5,500.00

The total amount for my savings and tithes is still 5,000 pesos per cut-off which total to 10,000 every month.

My self-love fund will be 1,000 each month in which I don’t necessarily should spend immediately. If I want something I can wait for my self-love fund to accumulate so I can purchase things higher than 500 pesos.

Final Thoughts

In able to hit three birds in one stone, Saving for Financial Freedom,   Self Love and Love of God I think I need to put these three a top priority.

In this way, I can focus on my financial goal without feeling guilty with my spiritual goals.

And don’t forget my self-care goal, as I want to be my best self and always feel confident on my own skin.

That is it.

Thanks for reading all the way!


Follow my Instagram and Facebook account




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');