Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

A Call Center Agent Investing in Stock Market (Col Financical) 6th Month Update





I’ve been very vocal on my stock market journey on a lot of my Up Career post.

I had high hopes and until now I still do so now I am doing my sixth-month update.

I started investing in the stock market last December 2018 and today is June 2019.


It’s been a whole 6 months already.

Time really flies so fast.

Here is the screenshot of my portfolio;


I am happy for my Ayala Corporation Stock, it is a blue chips company, however, the climb of the price for this stock is quite slow and I am wondering why?

If all else fails, my timeframe for this stock will be until next year, so this will hang around with me for a long time.

That is my risk management plan actually.

With this blue-chip company, the risk is actually time(at least in my opinion). It may be longer for the stock to yield than usual but nevertheless, Ayala Corporation is an established company and it will not going anywhere in a blink of an eye.


Let’s talk about the phases I’ve been through for the past 6 months…

·        Newbie Phase

You all know my newbie phase, where I just basically copy my first two buys on the Stock Market. They are Puregold and MPI.

My learnings from them, Puregold is ok and yielded 10 % but MPI, I think I will stay away from it for the meantime.

·        Faith in Hype Phase

After getting gains from copying / following recommendations over the internet, I did a huge mistake letting my heart follows a hyped stock.

Yes, I was hyped and its totally my mistake, because I listened to it without having a solid plan.

The culprit stock is TBGI, I lose a good 2,000 pesos from it and it wiped out all my gain from my first 2 buys.

This is a depressing time for me because all my money is hard earned and it’s just sad when you fall into stupidity sometimes.

This got me a downtime but I am arguing with myself, what can a downtime do for me if I stayed like this for a long time.

So, after that downtime, I brush off my sleeve and tried again.

·        Self Study Phase

I am coming back here and there to study the stock market. All resources I gathered is from social media, especially Youtube. I tried to get a grasp of the basics first and try out a strategy that I formulated myself.

Being cautious this time, I tried all my strategies by just mock trading. I write in a piece of paper the stock I want to buy and then wait if I was right about it or not.

I am always on my journal anyway so this method is just right for me.




·        Finding a Hero Phase

I think I read the book Rich Dad Poor Dad this 2019 and this book gave me a lot of inspiration.

One thing I learned about this book is;

                Find someone/hero that will makes it looks easy.

One person fits this description when it comes to trading the stock market is Jackangel.

I find a hero in Jackangel when it comes to trading the stock market because she is so humble, sharing her background, how little she knows about stocks, all her knowledge comes free all just from Youtube, but despite this, she is gaining in the stock market. Yes, she has her fair share of loss and I find it genuine when she discloses it to the public.

It’s just empowering for me to see Jackangel being successful in the stock market with limited resources, without enrolling on paid seminars and all that.

It tells me that I can do that too. If I just study hard and trust my own strategy I can be successful in the stock market.

·        Scared Phase

Because of my big-time loss, I’ve been idle for many months actually. I did make a couple of strategies but I am too scared to try out real money testing them out.

I did a couple of trades but I get out easily because I am too scared to take another loss.

Those little trades are still gain near breakeven, but that is fine with me, that is enough to build my confidence slowly.

·        Creating a Different Strategy Phase

I recently created another strategy and crazy how I did not follow it right away.

I guess I am pretty stubborn.

But I am still holding on my stock pick and I am hopeful I can get out of the trade alive without damage/loss.

Final Thoughts

It’s been 6 months and I gained a lot of priceless insights in the stock market.

Will I continue doing it?

Yes!

Of course, this is not a get rich quick scheme but I think I am fine with that.

I guess that is it for now and thanks for reading all the way.

God bless everyone!

PS: My goal is to build passive income as much as I can until it is enough to cover my daily expense and wants.


Follow my Instagram and Facebook account




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');