Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Thursday, June 20, 2019

The Faceshop Products I Love Review || Charcoal and Konjac Cleansing Puff



As promised, the next thing I am going to review is the charcoal sponge of The Faceshop.


Now, this sounds gross but I am not used to exfoliating using loofa or common plastic net you get at the store.

Of course, I did try it before but the problem is it hurts my skin when scrubbing it back and forth. Maybe because I got hairs especially on my forearm and legs.

Eventually, coming from and to work makes my skin grimy and sticky full of dead skin cells because of everyday pollutants I encounter and this feeling makes me wanna bath real hard.


Even when I bath that long my dead skin cells still linger onto my skin.

So at times, I use a face towel to act as a scrub in exchange with normal loofa.

Cutting the long story short, I saw a grey sponge from The Faceshop and wanted to try it out.

It’s a bit pricey for a sponge costing 215 pesos. I actually waited for my birthday so I can use the 20% off discount but reviewing the receipt
 now it is not included on my 20% off Birthday Discount.

Anyway for the actual review:

Charcoal and Konjac puff is an absolute love.

It is soft and has a bit of texture to it that doesn’t scratch my skin.

It’s gentle and feels delicate. I am extra careful thinking I might break the sponge but even when it's delicate it still have texture to it which is enough to remove my dead skin cells gently.

Price Wise : It is pricey but I am happy with my purchase and I have the intention to make it last as long as I could so I can get the worth of the price I pay.

Removing grime and dirt : I am totally convinced that it removes any pollutants I have on my skin.

What I love more about the Charcoal Sponge (I think it looks more of a sponge to me) is I can use it everyday. I am particularly careful when scrubbing my forearm which is covered with fine hair and I think it's fine. It doesn’t tug my hair off when I do that.

Packaging : The packaging is beautiful, I don't know why they have to put it on a sealed plastic but the first time I remove it from the packaging the sponge itself is soft. Maybe the reason why it's on an airtight plastic is to prevent it from drying out so you can instantly feel how it's going to be when you actually use the product.

It has a string so you can hang it on your bathroom. The charcoal sponge does dry out when you leave if, for a longer time, I noticed.

Worth it?  I will rate it 5/5 because even though it's pricey, just imagine how quickly I can exfoliate everyday using this tool. Feeling great about my skin is like a million dollar feeling and that is because of using this 215 pesos sponge.

It is definitely worth it.

Final Thoughts

I don’t particularly splurge on a lot of beauty stuff because I want to consider myself as a low maintenance girl.

But having tools like this is really an everyday essential that can instantly brighten up my mood.

Being able to remove dirt and grime from everyday smoke and dust I collect is totally worth my money.

That is it for now.

Thanks for reading all the way.


Follow my Instagram and Facebook account



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');