Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Red Portfolio? Buti na Lang May Dividends



Never thought of earning money for dividends in the Stock Market?


Turns out, this is so far the best thing happened to my portfolio for almost a year of seeing it in RED.

Apparently, buying stocks for dividends is not that bad after all.


Initially all my stock picks are bought with the intention of getting high valuation for the next coming year.

Since, that is far from happening just yet, I am quite contented of getting dividends twice a year on two of my stock picks.



Jollibee Foods Corporation for example is the worst compare to the price drop last year but it still gives dividends which I am not complaining about. (P.S. Jollibee or JFC only give dividends once a year)



You might want to check out my Facebook group Before Christ After Christ
I post loads of inspiring thoughts there.

  
Plans?

There are ways to take back your losses, but until now I am not yet an expert when it comes to Philippine Stock Market, compare to market gurus out there who earns 10k in just a single trade.

So, for passive trader like me, my worst option is to wait till 10 to 20 years for my retirement.

Or learn to trade.

Or I love the idea of adding stocks that gives dividends.

I missed out on Metrobank yesterday, but I really like the price right now and for the past three years ( if I am not mistaken), Metrobank give dividends.

Is it good to buy Ph Stock for Dividends?

For a person who’s in the stock Market for more than a year now, there are couple of things I want to pin point out here.

  • There are dividend players. They are people who buy stocks not for dividends but for the thought that a lot of people will buy for the dividend which in turn will make the price high. They will sell immediately without even getting the dividend which will make the price of the stock drop.


  • Stock price sometimes goes down even further after dividend ex date.



  • Dividends are still smaller compare to inflation rate. (P.S. I find that Metrobank has less than two percent dividend given their price as of today which is 53ish vs our Philippine inflation)
Plan your Move

It really depends on your financial goal. Prices might drop but for sure it will not drop for on and on and on. At some point it will recover.


And another measure to consider are they blue chips companies? That will give you at least ‘security’ that the company you choose will stay there for quite some time.

I hope I gave you some tips and idea's on how dividends can play a role on your wealth building portfolio.


That is it for now.

Thanks for reading all the way!



Follow my Instagram and Facebook account


Mark 9:23-24
And Jesus said to him, “If you can?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for him who believes.”


Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');