Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Signs That You Will Not Get a Job Offer


I’ve been refreshed on what is it like to be interviewed. On attending a couple of them, two things specifically stand out when it comes to unsuccessfully getting the job.

So here are two things that I noticed;

They Start to ask Why

One obvious reason why “why” questions are hard to explain is that the answer needs to be elaborate, quite long and it should be good enough to give a lasting impression to your interviewer that will eventually convince him/her that you are perfect for the role.

So when the interviewer starts to throw the question “Why do you want to be (blank/ state the position you are applying for)”, even though I tried my hardest to convince myself and prepared myself for this question, in the end, I still didn’t successfully get the job post.

Why?

To be honest, even you prepared your very best to nail the answer to this question the interviewer will still see a gap of skill set and knowledge they set for the job role versus the skill set you have in your resume.

So when you start hearing odd questions that have nothing to do with what you can do in a working environment the reason is most likely that you are not just fit for the job role.

Don’t be anxious, it is just the way it is.

Stay objective, for sure you will find a career that will perfectly fit your skill set, work-related experiences and knowledge you acquired throughout the years.


Company Most Likely Wanted to Exploit You

On one occasion I did pass an interview even they asked the “why question” why I want to join their company and work for the position I am applying for. Apparently, that didn’t turn quite good because the company will only accept me if I undergo training. The supposedly “training” they introduced me is apparently a fake training.

Important Note: Never put yourself in a situation where you undergo training in exchange for an employer because it is most likely a fraud. A legitimate company will have you on board and give you proper training when you are already their employee.

This happens to me when I tried applying for an ESL company or online tutor. Be aware guys tutoring online can make a lot of money but careful not to let anyone exploit you.

That’s it guys, hope this tips finally enlighten you why didn’t you get the job offer.
My final take in this is just walking away. Do not feel stressed and feel that you are not good enough. There are a lot of job opportunities out there that you can try. As long as you are firm, bold and confident of the set of skills that you have you will get the career you’ve been wanting to.

Don’t let yourself stagnate at home doing nothing, improve skills like typing skills, comprehension skills (watch the international news), and read English books (especially the newest release because you can learn relevant words that are used today) and if you can practice speaking skills do it. They are basic skills but you will find them very handy when it comes to pitching yourself to a certain company.

Hope this helps!


Follow my Instagram and Facebook account




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');