Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Friday, July 31, 2020

Clueless on the Verse Seek First the Kingdom of God and All These Things will Be Given to You As Well



From the start, we are doing our best to get the best career in preparation for adulthood.

A picture in our head of a career that pays high.

Great workmates.


Great boss.

Getting promoted.

Can afford amazing vacations and all.

Basically, it’s just like a dream.

If all these things are the opposite of what you are experiencing, at least there is a point in time that you seek the help of God.

Have you come across this verse?

Mathew 6:33

But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Have you ever interpreted this verse the same as religiously going to Church?

Like attendance in church every Sunday?

Or giving coins to the beggars on the street?

Did it pay off?


Is your career/ finance is still mediocre and still couldn’t afford a vacation?

Honestly, I interpreted this verse like the one’s I listed up.

It’s a good practice to go to Church and listen to the word of God and exercise charity to people in need but all these I did in hopes that God would grant me a great career. And get good money to help my family.

The actions are good but my intentions are all in the wrong places.

Characters in the Bible

For the longest time, I am clueless what is the meaning of seek first the Kingdom of God, I really don’t know where to start looking.

Thank goodness for the people who shares the Word of God who constantly reminded us that the Bible contains the will of God.

Its like I hear it all the time, but it sink in just now and started to understand things bit by bit.

I wanted a good career and get lots of money not just for me but to help the people around me.

But seek first the kingdom of God is a clear indication that I am running after the wrong things.

So I tried to check the life of the people in Bible if they ever ask God for money?

I haven’t read every pages in the Bible but so far, I haven’t read anyone who asked God for money or to be a king or to be rich.

I saw one request about material things and that is Jacob’s request.

          Genesis 28:20-22
         
Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear so that I return safely to my father’s house, then the LORD will be my God and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God’s house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth.”

Jacobs request is as simple as food to eat and clothes to wear which is the basic need of humans.

Jacob did not extravagantly ask for a huge business, properties, gold, silver or servants at that time, he simply ask to just sustain his life by eating food and clothes to wear.

True Success

That is when I realize that true success is not found in great career, high paycheck and status in life.

True success is following Gods will and righteousness.

Now I have Another Code to Figure Out

What is God’s will and righteousness?

In my perspective the will of God is living harmoniously with everybody.

My quest after a great career makes me forget that. I tried to follow “what’s in” in the corporate world.

Gossip, saying bad things to colleagues, forgetting to act right when I got furious with the boss, thinking that everybody would try to take advantage of me and many more.

I don’t think that God is present on all those actions and thoughts that I have while I was working and focusing all my efforts to get a great amount of money.

I forget the true essence of God’s righteousness.

And drowned myself with battling the world.

God’s Righteousness

It’s absolutely hard to go out there and mingle with people who is not walking with God.

Its like what Jesus said, “I am sending you out like sheep among the wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and innocent as doves.” Mathew 10:16.

I failed on these on a lot of my career change.

I just go with the flow and get angry and throw back dung on their faces.

This is no way what following God’s righteousness means.

I am a mess and I am still learning and trying every single moment on how to live out all the teachings of Jesus when people try to put you down.

But for the start let me share some of the bible verses that might help us understand why people are mean, selfish and always picking out on the weak and hopefully, give us insight on how to deal with them just like the people in the bible who experience the same thing.

I actually wrote an article about it, the title is  Verses on Why Do People Attack Us.

Here it goes;

Sometimes people are mean because they became an instrument or the mouthpiece of the devil. Just like Job’s wife.

Job 2:19

His wife said to him, “Are you sill holding on to your integrity? Curse God and die!”

At times, they are just plain selfish and wanted to put themselves first. I love these bible verse because you also get to know what to do when people treat you this way. Isaac did not quarrel and just moved on and dug up other well, the same teaching like Jesus.  Mathew 5:40 If someone wants to sue you to take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well.

Genesis 31:1-2

Jacob heard that Laban’s sons were saying, “Jacob has taken everything our father owned and has gained all this wealth from what belonged to our father,” And Jacob noticed that Laban’s attitude toward him was not what it had been.

Genesis 26:14-17

He had so many flocks and herds and servants that the Philistines envied him. So all the wells that his father’s servants had dug in the time of his father Abraham, the Philistines stopped up, filling them with earth.

Then Abimelech said to Isaac, “Move away from us; you have become too powerful for us.”

So Isaac moved away from there and encamped in the Valley of Gerar and settled there.

Genesis 26:19-22

Isaac’s servants dug in the valley and discovered a well of fresh water there. But the herdsmen of Gerar quarrelled with Isaac’s herdsmen and said, “The  water is ours!” So he named the well Esek, because they disputed with him. Then they dug another well, but they quarreled over that one also; so he named it Sitnah. He moved on from there and dug another well, and no one quarreled over it. He named it Rehoboth, saying, “Now the LORD has given us room and we will flourish in the land.”

Still a long Journey from Chasing Career to Chasing God’s Righteousness

I hope I did not confuse you with this  post.

Because at first we are talking about career but somehow we ended up on bible verses that can help us know what God’s righteousness is?

Right now, with regards to career I try not to ask a lot from God and only ask for our basic needs. Me and my family.

I don’t have a work right now and two of my siblings (who work abroad) doesn’t have work because of pandemic, but guess what, the Lord is generous and we are not being abandoned.

All our needs are supplied and well taken care of.

Praise God.

But this doesn’t mean, I have to be lazy and stay unemployed forever.

Being lazy is clearly hated by God.

But unlike before, I am not aiming for the best career or a lot of money.

I just like to live out my life in accordance to God’s will.

That is it for now.

Did you find this post helpful?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');