Stress is building up. π£⚡
I feel like I am forgetting an important principle about my work—something I swore by when I decided I didn't want to job-hop anymore: to work peacefully and be at peace with my coworkers. π️πΌ
I feel like I am forgetting to be at peace with everybody. π
Yes, I don't always agree with everyone, and I don't agree with their beliefs. π€ But that doesn't mean it is worth bruising the tiny bit of work relationships I have to begin with, or crossing that thin line of a professional colleague-coworker relationship just to try to prove my point. ππ€
I have written in this blog before that it pays to be a bit of a flatterer ("sip-sip").
Read my previous post here:
2026 vs 2017 - Review post: Reasons Why You Are Not Satisfied with Your Job?
☕π I still agree with that, and I have benefited from it. π So why am I being stubborn again, trying to disagree with their beliefs? π€¦♂️ I genuinely don't care. I genuinely don't care, but this attitude needs to come across
- politely and
- acceptably to the other side. π
I honestly believe that people don't want to work with a difficult person, so I shouldn't try to be one. π ♂️
I feel like I am forgetting how my workday could be better?—that I have to initiate the greeting π, get to know them a little bit π¬, and hint on my tasks so I can scram & head back quickly to my desk. π♂️π¨π» I actually learned that from a video on "how to small talk".
Also, I have a powerful arsenal that I can use if I am not agreeing with every conversation, because I always try to remember what the book Never Split the Difference says: there is a way to make the other party feel heard without necessarily agreeing with them. ππ§π¬
I just feel a bit of weight in my heart these past few weeks π️♂️π, and I don't think it is unnecessary. It feels like I am forgetting this principle and failing to apply it. π I forgot to put on a mask and protect my peace. π‘️ Not that I am being mean, I am just trying to maximize a peaceful life πΏπ, and I think that is the most important part of it all.
That is it for now. π Thanks for reading all the way! ππ
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would love to hear and interact with my readers.