Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Monday, May 21, 2018

Battling my Inner Fears: How to Fight Fear of Job Interview || No Job Experience



Fighting my inner fears took quite a long time to be resolved not because those fears are huge or massive or unavoidable, it is because I try not to deal with it personally and just distract myself on to something else. Entertaining myself has been always my getaway vehicle just so I can forget about it and go on, so my fear just constantly comes back again and again because basically, it hasn’t really resolved in the first place.

So I will tackle one of my fears which is fear of Job Interview, this is not really fear like you have a phobia but, the feeling of being anxious when the interview is on, that is what I am talking about.

So I’ve been eying a job post for the past 4 weeks now and I have been on two failed interview on two different companies (ouch! I don’t usually give details about my failures but for the sake of making a point I will do it). So, on both of these occasions, I felt anxious. I know for sure that I am capable of doing the job and I see great opportunities for myself in connection with that job post so I really love to do it but my anxiety/fear hinders me to the point that I can’t express myself correctly.

So here are the top tips I did to myself so I can surpass the fear of Job Interview.

• Remove any Expectation

One thing that triggers my fear really is the thought of what if I don’t get this job? Yep, you know the fear of rejection, the thought of why? Am I not good enough?

One thing I learned to completely avoid this situation is to drop any expectation I have in my mind.

     I stop expecting to get this job.

     I stop expecting I need to prove that I am good enough.

     I stop expecting I need this job so I can be successful.

     I stop expecting I need to get this job to prove my parents I am good.

     I stop expecting I need this job on this timeline or else my plan will be ruined.

And all other things that I worry about!

What I instil in my mind alone is the thought that I wanted to do this and I am happy to do it! I wanted to apply because I love to do the job! No expectation! I just wanted to try!

That’s it!

I think the beauty of this mindset is focusing on the opportunity alone and leaving behind all the if’s and but’s, in that way you can focus more on what you will do or say, of what is happening then and there, and just pure conversation of telling your fit for this position because of this and that, that you are interested and would love to do it (I will give more explanation down).

          Related Post
              

• Prepare a Spill and Connect to the Interviewer
 

You have to be prepared and make a spill for these questions “Tell me about yourself?” and “Why do you want to be a/an__ (the position you are applying for)”.

These questions for sure will be asked in an interview, no doubt. There may be additional questions but these are the basic and commonly asked questions.

If you don’t have any previous employment or job related to the position you are applying for, what you can do is to highlight the “On the Job Training” you had, the volunteer work you participated in, hobbies that relates to the job you are applying and medals/ ribbons you get from college or high school. Try to tell your interviewer that you can contribute a lot of things to the company because of these experiences you had.

Take note to incorporate all those on the spill you prepared. I like the spill a lot because it creates the foundation on what I have to say and it is easier to deliver because I prepared it beforehand.

But…

Don’t make the mistake I did, in which I focus on the spill too much that I forgot to connect to the interviewer.

I learned that the spill I prepared beforehand should not be like you just have to read it out loud. You have to connect to the interviewer. See if she is not bored with what you are saying. You have to be candid all the time. The same way you speak to a close friend you haven’t seen for a very long time, that is how you treat your interviewer. Just be candid and tell him/her all the related things.

• Establish The Mood

You often see the lobby personnel or your initial interviewer have their poker face all the time. For sure there is a reason behind it but it is none of our business. My point is not to let it gets you. Being positive and sharing positivity comes handy in this situation (please check out my post about positivity).

You are the one who must set up the mood, share your sunshine and try to be the first reason why they smile that day. Connecting in a positive way will go a long way, I kind of make it my purpose actually, not because I have to or I am better than them or I am expecting something nice if I treat them this way but because of this line. (I explained this thought of mine in this blog post please click here and here if you want to check it out)

“..But Seek First the Kingdom of God and all His Righteousness
and all These Things Shall be Given to You as Well”
Matthew 21:22




• Be True to Yourself

Never try to fake anything. The key for me to make these tips effective is to be true to yourself.

I wrote a post before about Investing in Yourself (please check that out) and I have mentioned there about doing what you love, investing in yourself is the key to know what you really wanted to do in life.

I know all wanted to gain a handsome amount of money but you have to know how you will do it. Is it going to be from baking cakes or singing, hosting, playing an instrument, making an app, investing, putting up a business and all other things. You have to know what you wanted to do, one thing that you will never get tired of.

That kind of mindset is what we should aim for. You wanted to do it because you love it and never get tired of doing it. Also, you wanted to challenge yourself to be better each day and share that experience with other people.

Final Thoughts
Being scared ruins many opportunities in my opinion. Just by being afraid cuts out your presence of mind and when you lose your presence of mind you can’t communicate very well with anyone anymore.

I will leave Bible Verse below that is fitting for this post. It is always good to be reminded of the good news J.

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not five to you as the world fives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
John 14:27

“But now, this is what the Lord says –
He who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel:
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name you are mine.”
Isaiah 43:1

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
Are you not much more valuable than they?"
Matthew 6”26

That’s it!

Thanks for reading all the way!


Follow my Instagram and Facebook account


2 comments:

  1. Hoping you can land the job of your dream sis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes cindy i am looking forward to it too...

      Thanks you!!!!❤️❤️❤️✨✨✨

      Delete

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');