Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Friday, December 20, 2019

Steps to Save More from Minimum Wage

Career, steps to save more money from minimum wage, blognigigi


I started this blog in the year 2017.

And I think that when I started my blog, that is the time when I started trying out ways to achieve financial freedom. 


Yup, ever since I started working after college, I am already in pursuit to find financial success and I ought to grab it thru employment. I saved a bit but I felt really deprived and spend them all on the things I thought I deserve for working really hard. Its been like this on three work I was in and when those never seem to work I tried out other things.

A Bit (long) Backstory

The year 2017, as you all know, is the start of me working on a call center.

They pay pretty decently for a first-timer like me and I am more than grateful for that, thinking that time, instead of starting again aiming to be a government employee and apply through a private agency that pays a minimum wage that the government sets (this is the process I know on how to be a government employee, you start with being contractual under a private agency and apply for plantilia to be a government employee).

That’s it, I am so happy and contented for a year of working in call center, but I feel that the money I am earning is still not enough for me to be financially independent (obviously).



It is such a blessing in disguise when the whole account is dissolved and that is my cue to find something else.

I wouldn’t want to apply to another company that time because I feel and appreciate the sense of comfort.

Do your job that is super easy, earn decently and repeat.

But I know that deep in my heart that I cannot be comfortable with that kind of situation.

Anyway, after three months of my prayer, the account is dissolved (not that I ask for the account to be dissolved but it just did, my prayer really is for me to have courage to apply to somewhere else).

          How much I saved in a year?

In a year, I saved around 20k more or less which I divided on these 3 things Pagibig MP2 on June 2017, San Jose del Monte Coop in July 2017 and then FarmOn on June 2018.


Here are the steps I did to save more money!


          Increase my Savings thru Jumping to other Employment who Pays Better


Blognigigi is dedicated to how can a minimum wage-earner be financially free.

And after being on a few situations wherein I earn minimum wage, I know for sure that it is a struggle to set aside a portion of your money for the purpose of saving and still live decently for yourself and your family.

The last advice that I don’t want to give to my readers is to lessen your expenses especially on food just for the sake of saving a bit more money.

       
 

I did that to myself and I tell you that its not the life you want for yourself.

Fancy birthday parties can be skipped but an abundant and healthy meal every day is what it should always be.

That is why I eagerly want to encourage everyone who earns minimum wage to get another job that pays more.

·         Read Post Here: Apply on Best Company Last

The good things about earning a bit more than minimum wage is the following;


1.       Maintain your budget on basic needs like food allowance and transportation.
2.     The difference between what you earn from minimum wage and your new job can instantly be your savings. I suggest that you do not increase your lifestyle just yet especially on non-basic items.
3.     You will immediately feel rewarded because of you don’t have to exert more effort to save because your basic needs are met.

I Invest Money Thru FarmOn (make my savings earn even more)


With the money I saved on getting a higher paying job, in a year I’ve been able to save around 7k to invest in FarmOn.

I waited 12months and thank God my investment yield.

It's not a lot but I am proud of the result.

You might want to check out my Facebook group Before Christ After Christ
I post loads of inspiring thoughts there.


What happen to San Jose Coop?

         
·         Read Post Here: Why I Stop Saving

I realize that saving in Coop have its perks, but as long as I do not use those perks like getting a loan to finance a business, Coop is just another money saved in a bank only to find out that your money loses its value because of inflation.

Since the account of my first call center company has been dissolved, I ought to find another job.

And I landed to another call center company that I really like too.

And the bonus is that they pay even more than my previous job.

In just 6 months I’ve been able to invest in the Philippine Stock Market.

          Invest in the Stock Market

I have my fair ups and down in the stock market.

I have my real wins and real losses.



·         Read Post Here: A Call Center Agent Investing in the Stock Market


Also now, I have a huge paperloss on my stock picks. (for transparency I want to include this)

But I do not regret any of it, because I learn a valuable lesson and real knowledge about trading.

Stress is good, it pushes you to think really hard on how to make things right.

To Sum it Up

Three things I did to save more money and make those savings earn more money,

1.       Find another employment that offers more than minimum wage
2.     Invest In FarmOn
3.     Invest In the Stock Market

The money I earn from FarmOn and the Stock Market are never pulled out just yet.

In the case of FarmOn, I reinvest my earning and joined another cycle.

With regards to the Stock Market, I am waiting for a specific period of time for my money to earn since like I said, currently it's on a paper loss.

But I am positive about it because they are all blue-chip companies.

Final Thoughts

I hope you find this an inspiration to jump out of the minimum wage job.

There is another way that I haven’t mentioned here that is highly feasible to earn more money.

And that is making small business.

It can be anything really, I heard a small as ice candy business that earned huge after a while.

People who have entrepreneurial character can try that out too.

That is it for now.

Thanks for reading all the way!

Follow my Instagram and Facebook account

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');