Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

How to Be Ugly in A Week


Here are the things you should not do to look young, toned and fresh, the opposite of being ugly in a week.

          Tone Up Lift Some Weights

One of the hardest part of this how not to be ugly in a week is to work out my body. I’ve been researching on what body type am I and recently discovered skinny fat- well not recently about a year ago. This is a type of body where your physical appearance is thin, you have less muscle and to add up, somehow you got fat on certain areas like tummy and in my case my cheeks as well.

For all these years I thought that I don’t need to exercise.

But being skinny fat means I need to work out a lot and build more muscles.

Since I don’t have much muscles to begin with, exercising is a struggle because I don’t have enough strength to lift weights.

Weightlifting is essential for building muscles. At least that is how I prefer to build mine.

I just start with these 5 pounds dumbbell.



I bought these separately, I think I paid less than 200 pesos for each of these dumbbells.

The aim for this week is to look a bit more toned, more awake, the opposite of looking tired and old and saggy.

For the routine itself, I basically don't follow a workout plan, I just try to lift the dumbbells up in my chest - usual curl, from front to side - L raise, or side to up on my head kind of movement. (apologize I do not know the actual name of the movement, just search up different movements you can do with dumbbells for sure you will find a ton)

For the legs, I just do normal lunges and hamstring curls.

Another Benefit I Find on Lifting Weights


I now appreciate lifting weights a lot, because I find that I don’t’ easily get tired. I can think clearly-probably because of good blood circulation and the benefits it gives on my body- I somehow see a glow to my face when I work-out.

          Eat Enough Carbs 

Now that I am beginning to age, I finally see the disadvantage of eating too much carbs.

Since with ageing, a person normally loses its ability to burn fat faster compare to younger people, too much carbs makes my body looks really losyang.

‘Losyang’- looks old- in every way.

I can see traces of fat sagging down under my cheeks. And with constant late night sleep, my face flaws becomes prominent, especially on my undereye area and uneven skin all over. (imagining my worst)

I think the only solution for it is to eat just the right amount of carbs. I don't like the idea of diet, just enough carbs, not too limited but not too generous either. Since, I am aiming to build muscles too, carbs plays a big part with that.

Just to give an idea, I try to scoop a bit less of a cup of rice and add more 'ulam' or valiant on my meal. I do that because I snack a lot on biscuits with my nephew (I try not to at times but in case I can't stop it I just sacrifice the rice)

          Pamper Your Skin


With combination skin type, oily and normal skin, I tend to always have break out.

I did a post on removing pimples in 7 days and share my struggle with pimples. If ever I skip my night routine I have to deal with my break out for more than a week.

        Get Rid of Pimples Ph in 7 Days |Day 7

So taking care of my skin is really important.

I think it is better to just maintain the skin rather stop and treat your skin again.

I also added virgin coconut oil on my bath routine and I am so happy with its wonders.

My skin is moisturized and I feel really clean inside out.

I did a post about fungal infection I have because of gardening and virgin coconut oil fixed that problem for me.

        Clean Hands After Gardening-Avoid Fungal Infection

Aside from being clean, I feel that my skin is more protected by cold pressed virgin coconut oil because of its natural anti-bacterial property.

My usual routine is, put drops of virgin coconut oil on my palm and spread it all over my body.

A tiny drop of virgin coconut oil will go a long way.

One trick I did is to re-purpose an eye dropper and use it as oil dispenser so its not messy.

Final Thoughts

Taking care of my overall well-being is a full time job.

As much as I like to be 'low maintenance', I just can't help it. I need to put extra care to my bath routine and work out a lot.

I am beginning to realize that being beautiful or ugly in a week is really in your hands. How much effort you will put into yourself.

I like to know if you put so much effort on yourself too, please feel free and use the comment section.

That is it for now.

Did you find this post helpful.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');