Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

What to Do? First Period, Feminine Care, Things That wasn't talked about a lot

You must be freaking out to have your first period.

I did.


So I thought I write down tips about feminine care especially once you have your period.

A topic that wasn't really talked a lot in our household when I was young.

So I hope this would be helpful for young girls out there.


First Proper Handwashing


More than proper feminine washing, I think the biggest carrier of germs is our hands. 

So proper handwashing is really important.

One trick I've learned after gardening is putting extra virgin coconut oil all over my hands.

What does virgin coconut oil do?

After gardening we are prone to fungal infection because of soil contact and virgin coconut oil prevents that.

I find that putting two drops of virgin coconut oil on my nails, fingers and hands protects me with fungal infection.

I don't feel any itchiness and I feel really clean afterwards.

Just put two drops of virgin coconut oil to your fingernails and work the excess product all over your hands. I used an old eye dropper and refilled it with virgin coconut oil so that I wont waste too much virgin coconut oil. (its hard to pour a small amount with the vco bottle so the dropper really helps)

Just try to let the VCO sink to your hands and nails for a minute or more and then follow through with germ fighting soap like safeguard or any germ fighting soap to remove the stickiness.

With this method you don't compromise infecting your feminine area with germs or fungi from your hands.

Feminine Wash

Bombarded with commercials about feminine wash to keep your feminine area clean is something I don't rave that much. Because with my experience, I tend to feel really dry after using feminine wash. But I don't know if that is the case with everyone. I think that using feminine wash doesn't hurt, but still, my preference is natural stuff like Virgin Coconut oil.

Yes I do put 1-2 drops of virgin coconut oil around the area, because I figure that if its good with my hands, it might be ok as well to use it on the feminine area. I use it to my face too hoping pimples goes away( virgin coconut oil helps a bit with pimples but to remove it completely, vco is not enough, I've done post about how I get rid of pimples in 7 days check it out)

I just make sure to wash it all off with germ fighting soap to avoid the stickiness. I like to do it during bath time, leave it for a minute or longer and after that I feel really sanitized and clean.

Body Hair

Bodyhair is something that really pisses me off. I went to the doctor and said that body hair on feminine area will protect you more (i dont know from what, I am too shy to ask the doctor).

But how can I keep myself from itching with all these body hair. I recommend investing with stainless scissor that you will use alone (no sharing). 

Cutting body hair is just a bit of a work because they grow so fast. So you need to do it two times a week.

If you have budget, having a Brazilian wax helps. But not all people like brazilian wax, it really depends to the person. Brazilian wax last for more than a month until the next session. You will need a budget of 750 pesos. I write a post Belle La Peau Best Brazilian Hot Waxing Salon Manila. And the doctor advise to leave the hair on and just cut it down with scissor.

I find that doing brazilian wax let you learn too. So after visiting the salon for wax, I soon invested for wax warmer and wax kit and do it by myself since I like to save money.

With this pandemic, a lot of people are forced to do wax by themselves too because of government efforts to restrict covid 19. So having waxing kit ready at home is really helpful and time saving because I don't have to cut the hair back two times a week.

Undergarments

I really recommend finding the right size for you. Because too tight undergarments tends to darken the skin. A soft and breathable fabric is highly recommended too, so you can avoid sweating in that area.

The most common brand is So-en and its pretty affordable too. Do not be afraid to get an XL because sizes here in the Philippines is pretty small.

Feminine Napkin

There are times that if I wear feminine napkins immediately, it's harder for my period to flow out.

I don't know if its just me, but one thing I do to stop the pain and let all the blood out is to remove the napkin.

This sound unsanitary, but I just remove feminine napkin for a day and have several trips to the bathroom and change undergarments everytime the blood comes out.

I just make a start up for my blood to flow so I won't hurt my tummy.

The next day, I can wear feminine napkin again and blood flows just ok. Well at least it is flowing out.

Pamahiin (superstition about periods in the philippines)

I've heard a couple of pamahiin (supertitions about periods) about what you should do on your first period.

And that is to jump on three strairs.

Sit on a banana leaf ( i forgot what leaf exactly), but these are to make sure that your period will last for three days only (mine is 7 days but I am not complaining).

I did not get the chance to do any of them, because we really don't talk about these in the family.

But in case you did it, I don't think any disadvantages of doing so.

Final Thoughts

I'm one of many people who don't know what to do, first period wise.

Like I said up, these things wasn't really talked about a lot in our household. I hope this post reach out to many people and learn from it of how to take care of  yourself.

That is it for now.

Did you find this post helpful?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');