Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Sunday, August 2, 2020

Life Insurance Ok or Not?


My view of “life insurance” in general. 

Sun life, Saint Peter, Axa Life Insurance, for sure working on the corporate world have exposed all of us to getting these life insurance.


Other’s steers away from it but some are proud to have it.

As a person who seeks financial freedom, what is my view about life insurance? 

Ok, I admit it, I am the type who steers away from insurance because despite all the benefits my family would be having when I die, I pretty much drawn into the book Rich Dad Poor Dad teachings – Money going in the pocket vs. money that goes out of your pocket,

For me, life insurance is just another expense- money going out of my pocket.

Despite of them, saying how much money I would have- at least my family when I die would have- with just a little amount of investment today I just couldn’t deny the fact that its another bill to pay every month.


Car Insurance Vs. Life Insurance

But why can’t I just think about life insurance like car a insurance?

I value car insurance a lot and having a car without it would mean more money when an accident happens.

Like death, accident may happen anytime.

Why is it any different?

Life insurance vs car insurance Ok, that might be different on some aspects.

Car insurance will protect you from expenses that may occur when accidents happen and I hope you will still be alive to pay for those damages.

While life insurances is having money when you are totally dead and leaving money to your family, which is nice but very unfortunate.

Car insurance will prevent you from spending more money while you are still alive while life insurances will doesn’t really benefit your life but the family your leaving behind.

Well, that is nice and thoughtful.

But that is not the only way I wanted to give money to my family when I die.

Apparently There are Other Ways to Leave Money to Your Family

And that can be a fully paid home, that they don't need to worry about monthly payment.

Or leave them with a running business -so small- that they can run it by themselves. 

A working car that they can use to run errands. 

For sure that will be a big help to them.

Prepare a college funds for the kids and let all of them learn about how to handle money the right way.

You will be surprise that no matter how little or huge left behind when you are gone, they can able to grow that because they understand how to properly handle money.

Final Thoughts

As a person who is overly obsessed about growing money, life insurance sounds like a genie granting your wish.

But with the money I have right now and my capacity to pay the monthly for getting a life insurance is too impossible.

I wouldn't recommend it either when I was still earning a little over minimum wage. 

Sorry for those co-workers /agents of life insurance who asked me about it.

Getting life insurance and being financially independent is two different thing. 

For me, getting a life insurance now is just money going out of my pocket.

Try to weigh in the advantages and disadvantages that you will get if you really want one.

But let us just be clear that getting life insurance especially with the investment VUL, will not make you richer that you are right now. In fact it will just make you scrunch your budget even more. Especially for us, minimum wage earners. 

Well that is it for now.

Did you find this post helpful?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');