Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Applying my Own Advice about Career on my “Downtime”


Yes, I am going on with some stuff right now in which I really couldn’t elaborate much.

My downtime/sadness is basically about other things but with career, 

I don’t have a problem with bouncing back because I know I can. I’ve done it many times actually.

UP CAREER Related Post

In terms of career, yes I resigned again. Not because I am having a hard time excelling in the job or a problem with dealing with my workmates but because my account was dissolved. I could have been transferred to other account but I choose not to.


Now my quest in finding a job is on again and I thought I’ve been giving advice a lot about career like getting your dream job or passing an interview and since I will go through all of it all over again I will recap all the advice I wrote down and reapply it again with myself.

Not all advice I wrote down may be applicable to everybody, but you can get a ‘grain of salt’ and choose the stuff that you think will work in your own life/ situation.

Or if you don’t have work like I am, maybe you can get something useful on how I prepare myself on applying to a certain job.

Let's start.


Mind setting

Even though I am jobless, again, and will go through another hiring process (which is tiring) I have a better view of how I look at my life even though it looks the opposite. Pushing positivity in my mind!



Matt 6:33
"But Seek first the Kingdom of God
and His Righteousness,
And all these things will be given to You as Well

Post from: You’re Road Dealing with Negativity at Home and Work


I still have a clear perspective in mind that we are not lacking anything if we just do what the Lord wants us to do (for me that is showing positivity in all negative situation, showing people that “hey, you worry about that? Well, I don’t because I have a Great God supplying me the things I need and want, and that applies to everyone you are not lacking too”).

So with that, I am preparing everything I need to pass a certain job interview.

One, is I’ve been singing a lot lately because it helps me to easily pronounce words correctly!. (it will help you with the interview for sure)

(Some of the Song I like are from Adelle mostly, I am not good at singing but stretching out my vocal chords lets me easily pronounce words, it’s a bit funny but I can attest to you that I sounded much better after singing LMAO.)


Improving/Practicing What You Already Have

Typing Speed

Most of the time when I try to apply, they love to measure how much I can type so let me take you back to which website I get the Typing App for a laptop that is absolutely free. (I recently heard from my previous workmate that he downloaded one but it allows him used it for a couple of days only and I thought to myself I get one for free and it’s in my laptop for over a year now, so please follow that one).

I sound a bit confident with typing speed but remember I once started with 25 WPM so just train yourself regularly and for sure you will improve.



Conversational English

I saved a lot of offline Youtube videos of people whom I think can help me a lot with pronunciation. People who speak clear and fluent in English so I can have an idea what is it like to think and speak in English. I also stalk some of formal lesson online but I am really not into it because the feels is like I am inside the movie “chainsaw massacre”, but having a bit of insight of what is it like is more than enough for me, so it is kinda helpful in a perspective (I love to be in an environment that I am enjoying while I am learning, if not I just drop it immediately).  

I will link videos from Milabu, she speaks English with a neutral accent I believe, so and I really love listening to her beauty videos. (it’s a win-win for me, here's another one click here)

I also stalk some of Rachel’s English wherein she speak native American English and focuses more on pronouncing each word in able to sound more like a native. (which I said I really don’t like because I am like trying to be like her more than I wanted to be just fluent in English. One thing that I think is really helpful from her lessons is that you will be able to understand and able to converse with Native American which is so hard because of their accent. So if you study how they speak and learn their accents that will help you understand them more when trying to talk to them.).


Managing Time and Get Result Fast
One thing I learned about a certain skill is that in able to be good at it if not the best, you have to practice it all the time. So I like to revisit my post about scheduling (link below)



Since I have a lot of spare time, writing what I want to accomplish in a day will help me be productive. It also helps that you do it in a repetitive manner, like for example every morning at 8:00 am I will do typing test set in 5 minutes not really targeting speed but targeting accuracy. It will help you familiarize the keys better so you can type faster later on (that is my secret, hit the right keys first before targeting the speed).

The bottom line here is to create a fixed schedule, if not every day, a couple of times a week will do, in able to sharpen your knowledge of a certain skill. 

Be in charge with your own time and choose to spend it in a productive way, in that way for sure you can master your skills in no time.

The planner also creates a good view on how to achieve your goals step-by-step. 


Revisiting my Goals
I’ve written down goals at the beginning of the year 2018 and in able to accomplish them all I need income. So one thing I need other than being able to buy my basic needs is also to accomplish those goals I’ve written down. Especially the travel part… I really wanted to travel! I am not dropping that thought yet!!! I also love to fulfil my "can buy anything stage" or financial freedom. Establishing my emergency fund or "business fund" as I call it and try a lot of investing platforms available.

Final Thoughts
I’d love to include some of the bible verses I have on my mind right now which helps me to know that whatever the result may be, if it favours you or not, for sure there are other opportunities that will open up for you. What is left for you to do is to prepare for it. Enhance all the God-given talent you have because as I’ve always said God already equipped us all the things that will make us successful we just have to get up and work it. Here are some inspirations I got from the bible maybe around five years ago...


1 Cor 15:58
"...stand firm. let nothing move you. 
Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, 
because you know that your labour in the Lord is not in vain."

Numbers 23:19
"God is not a man, that he should lie,
nor a son of man, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
Does he promise and not fulfil?



To tell you honestly, before my account was dissolved I am already thinking to resign because I needed a better opportunity, but I just can’t. I felt that the convenience of being repetitive in my previous job makes me too comfortable that it is so hard to start a new and chase a better opportunity. So for me, this is a real ‘blessing in disguise’.

Now I have the time to practice at home, this will be a great opportunity for me to chase that “better opportunity”.


That is it for now. Will update you I guess.


Thanks for reading all the way!


2 comments:

  1. Hi sis, good luck on your job hunting! We're like on the same boat. I already resigned from my work after 6 years being employed with the company. At first, I felt like gosh kaya ko ba 'to but I realize na kung gusto ko maging successful dapat di ako matakot sa changes. Hehe. I will start next Monday so wish ko sana maging okay ang lahat. Para 'to sa financial freedom na inaasam-asam ko.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy of Kuripot adventure!
      You are so sweet as always!!!
      Appreciate it a lot❤️❤️

      Delete

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');