Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Monday, April 6, 2020

My Ampalaya Plant Flowers Falls Off || First Time Growing Ampalaya

nalaglag ang bulaklak ng ampalaya, ampalaya flowers falls off, male flower ampalaya, ampalaya male plant,


This is the first time I grow an ampalaya plant.

I got lucky when one seed germinates after throwing them on pots right after I prepared a Filipino classic dish tortang ampalaya.


My Ampalaya grows and I am so excited.

When it starts to flower I notice it did not produce small ampalaya fruit and the flower just falls off.

The ampalaya flowers falls off everytime, I think its already on its third flower.


Being a newbie I thought that my ampalaya is a male plant. I thought it will not produce any fruit at all.

But, I notice something.

This is a female ampalaya flower.
female ampalaya flower

The shape should look like an elongated fruit that will soon be the fruit, the ends will be the flower which will need to be pollinated to continue.

And this is a male ampalaya flower.
male ampalaya flower


The ampalaya flower that falls off are male flowers.

My whole ampalaya plant produces male and female flowers.

Yey!

That is good news. It means I get to enjoy an ampalaya in the future.


So in a nutshell my ampalaya flower falls off because they are male flower and they suppose to do that. If in case your female ampalaya flower falls off, its because the bees did not pollinated them. If you have one plant like I do, just put the male pollen to the female flower and I suppose that will do the trick.


Fertilizer

I know vegetable plants need nutrients, but I don’t really have fertilizer at hand.

The only way I fertilize my ampalaya plant is with hugas bigas.

Throw the water you use on washing your rice.

Its better than nothing and my ampalaya looks happy.

Did you find this post helpful?

Thanks for reading all the way!



Follow my Instagram and Facebook account
nalaglag ang bulaklak ng ampalaya, ampalaya flowers falls off, male flower ampalaya, ampalaya male plant,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');