Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Envy and Jealousy Towards Success of Other People Bible Verse


jealous towards success of others bible verse, anger towards success of others bible verse,


When you see people around you who easily reach their goals in life

while

here you are, still on a rut,

at times you cannot help but feel jealous.


Advice are pouring in- ‘just be contented and be thankful for what you have -- blah blah’ but this doesn't make any difference.

It doesn't calm your real feelings of negativity, of course its easy to say to just be contented with what you have but how are you going to do that?

Here are some bible verses to help us with jealousy towards the success of people around us.

Let’s start with Genesis 4:6-

Then the LORD said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.”

Cain in my simple perspective is jealous because his little brother’s offering to God is favoured more than his offering. (please note that this is just how I understand it)

God reminded Cain that in his anger sin is knocking (NIV version – crouching) on his door. Regardless of the offering, God love Cain.

But Cain is angry, out of nothing. Nobody did something wrong to him and God even cared for him regardless of the offering.

But why Cain feel really furious about a simple matter?

In the book of Job, we will clearly see that the spiritual world is real.

A pastor in the church I am attending to said, there is a spiritual battle.

Job 2:3

Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.”

And the enemy is roaming around earth to devour its prey and having serious business about us humans to be angry towards God.


No matter how many times we say to ourselves not to be jealous, we cannot help but feel it.

Why?

Because we are blinded of the real image of the big picture.

Let me say my personal story…

One time, I felt really jealous towards a Youtuber. At first, I am her biggest fan and even watch her videos and ads to support her channel, but now as I see her channel grow, I felt really jealous. Because here I am, still not successful in anything that I attempted to do.

When I started to feel angry, I ask myself why do I feel angry over nothing.

The Youtuber did not do anything wrong to me?

Why would I feel angry, envious and jealous?

Silly right?

But I am reminded, that this anger is not from yourself. It is a desire instilled to you by the enemy.

I started to feel jealous to people who easily achieves their dreams.

And I can react in two ways.

One.
Start quarreling people around me for the misfortunes that happened to me.

Or

Two.
Remind myself of the promises of the LORD. And point out that there is a spiritual battle that is happening around us. Instead of quarreling people which upsets the LORD, I can contemplate on the promises of the bible and make God happy by trusting in His promises.

It’s a victory versus the enemy as well, just like what happened to Job when he said.

Shall we accept good from the LORD and not trouble?
         
Job 2:10
He replied, “You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept god from God, and not trouble?”

In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.

Seeing the big picture of the spiritual battle that is happening around us is a great reminder that being jealous, envious, and angry towards the success of others is really petty.

Our mind was successfully persuaded by the enemy to give huge importance to money, career, love-life and fame.

When one that is really important, is to trust in the LORD’s promises that He will supply all our needs.

For me, it is a great blessing to win with the LORD. God’s battle is more important than the material things I want now.

The next time you feel angry, jealous and envious towards getting that promotion or having a million pesos savings or a big house, remind yourself that anger, jealousy and envy are sin against God. It upset’s God and the LORD want us to win the spiritual battle with Him.

Cling on to the promises of the LORD because God is not a man who changes His mind.

Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
Does he promise and not fulfill?

Philippians 4:19
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.


Realizing the spiritual battle that is happening will melt down our anger and jealousy, because we now know that God is after our welfare, we might experience hardships in life because the enemy is working hard for our downfall, but fear not, even if we lose everything like Job did, winning the battle with the LORD is blessed feeling that no one can replace.

Did you find this post helpful?

Follow my Instagram and Facebook account

jealous towards success of others bible verse, anger towards success of others bible verse,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');