Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Verses about Abusive Authority / Boss



Here are some characters in the Bible who has authority but abusive and did evil to other people.

These bible verses gives good insights on how to deal with bosses or people with authority the Godly way.
Lord Jesus gave a powerful example as well on how to deal with them too.


Let’s start.

Kind Saul on David

1 Samuel 19:1

Saul told his son Jonathan and all the attendants to kill David. But Jonathan was very fond of David

1 Samuel 24:5-7

Afterward, David was conscience-stricken for having cut off a corner of his robe. He said to his men, “The Lord forbid that I should do such a thing to my master, the LORD’S anointed, or lift my hand against him; for he is the anointed of the Lord.” With these words David rebuked his men and did not allow them to attack Saul. And Saul left the cave and went his way.

Laban and Jacob

Genesis 31:5-7

He said to them, “I see that your father’s attitude toward me is not what it was before, but the God of my father has been with me. You know that I’ve worked for your father with all my strength, yet your father has cheated me by changing my wages ten times. However, God has not allowed him to harm me.


Genesis 31:42

If the God of my father, the God of Abraham and the Fear of Isaac, had not been with me, you would surely have sent me away empty-handed. But God has seen my hardship and the toil of my hands, and last night he rebuked you.”


King David and Uriah

2 Samuel 11:15

In it he wrote, “Put Uriah in the front line where the fighting is fiercest. Then withdraw from him so he will be struck down and die.”

In this verse Uriah did not have the chance to defend himself from the wicked scheme of King David because Uriah died in the battle.

2 Samuel 12:5-10

Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man! This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. I gave your master’s house to you, and your master’s wives into your arms. I gave you the house of Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would have given you even more. Why did you despise the word of the LORD by doing what is evil in his eyes? You struck down Uriah the Hittite with the sword and took his wife to be your own. You killed him with the sword of the Ammonites.

Jesus is arrested at the Command of Chief Priest

                   Mathew 26:3-4

Then the chief priest and the elders of the people assembled in the palace of the high priest, whose name was Caiaphas, and they plotted to arrest Jesus in some sly way and kill him.

Mathew 26: 55

At that time Jesus said to the crowd, “Am I leading a rebellion, that you have come out with swords and clubs to capture me? Every day I sat in the temple courts teaching, and you did not arrest me.

Final Thoughts

Despite the oppression and anger stirring up inside the hearts of man, if you keep on trusting in the goodness of the LORD for sure he will bring blessings for your obedience.

Did you find this post helpful?

Follow my Instagram and Facebook account

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');