Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Verses About Money – What is Success in the Bible?

bible verse about money,


It feels so wrong and obvious that a person cannot run after money if you want to do what is right in the sight of the Lord.


Here are some suggestions, Bible Verse on how Godly people in the bible view money ( what we call 'successful career' nowadays).


          Bible Verse to Ponder

Mathew 6:24

“No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

Characters in the Bible Who Ask for a Success in terms of Wealth

I know no verse telling a character in the bible praying to be successful in terms of wealth.

But I find this passage from Genesis, when Jacob ask for basic provision from God, just like food to eat and clothes to wear.

Nothing grand, but just the basic needs.
                            
                             Genesis 28:20-22

Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear so that I return safely to my father’s house, the LORD will be be my God and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God’s house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth.”


  

                             Daniel 4:28-37

After getting success and riches...

Verse about a king who forgets that all his splendor and riches are from the Lord almighty.

All this happened to King Nebuchadnezzar, Twelve months later, as the king was walking on the roof of the royal palace of Babylon, he said, “Is not this the great Babylon I have built as the royal residence, by my mighty power and for the glory of my majesty?”

The words were still on his lips when a voice came from heaven. “this is what is decreed for you, King Nebuchadnezzar; Your royal authority has been taken from you. You will be driven away from people and will live with the wild animals; you will eat grass like cattle. Seven times will pass by for you until you acknowledge that the Most High is sovereign over the kingdoms of men and gives them to anyone he wishes, “

Immediately what has been said about Nebuchadnezzar was fulfilled. He was driven away from people and ate grass like cattle. His body was drenched with the dew of heaven until his hair grew like the feathers of an eagle and his nails like the claws of a bird.

At the end of that time, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven, and my sanity was restored. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and glorified hi who lives forever.

His dominion is an eternal dominion; his kingdom endures from generation to generation.

All the peoples of the earth are regarded as nothing.

He does as he pleases with the power of heaven and the peoples of the earth.

No one can hold back his hand and say to him: “What have you done?”

At the same time that my sanity was restored, my honor and splendor were returned to me for the glory of my kingdom. My advisers and nobles sought me out, and I was restored to my throne and became even greater than before. Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble.

You might want to check out my Facebook group Before Christ After Christ
I post loads of inspiring thoughts there.
                              
2 Timothy 3:2

People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God – having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.


Mathew 9:12-13
On hearing this, Jesus said, “it is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”


Final Thoughts

Words are like double edge sword, so what bible verses that speaks to me doesn’t mean it should speak the same meaning for others.

Please ponder a lot on these suggested bible verses and learn the Lesson behind every passage.

May our Lord Jesus Christ guides our heart always. On what to go after and what to treasure so dearly.

Did you find this post helpful?

Follow my Instagram and Facebook account
bible verse about money,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');