Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Friday, May 14, 2021

Delayed gratification - formula for success?

When I was still head over heels on getting out of the rat race, delayed gratification is something I applied as a strategy to win with my money goals.


But then as time passed by and I still don't see any progress to my financial freedom dream, I began to feel really tired of delayed gratification.


Delaying or stopping myself to pay more for convenience on public transportation. (I'm talking about riding a jeep instead of UV Express, I know, I got it all wrong about money before)


Delaying or stopping myself to eat out, because, at work, I can't seem to feel full and well-nourished with the type of food I am eating. (check out Dr. Berg how bad carbohydrates drains out nutrients in our body)


Is Delayed Gratification a formula for success?


I think that delayed gratification is helpful when used in the right context.


But delayed gratification is not the only thing that we should do to win with money.


I will pause for a moment and clarify that 'win with money' prase.


Remember that my money goal has changed when I begin to lose with my money goals and after realizing that being a good steward of God's resources is what I want to do with my life (please check out I want to be a manager post).


Going back to winning with money, I think that everyone should have a bigger view on how to view their money goals.


To prevent ourselves to fall into deep sorrow because we are after for the wrong GOALS in life.


Proverbs 10:22

The blessing of the LORD makes one rich, And He adds no sorrow with it.


As for me, after realizing that my goal to be rich is evil in the sight of the Lord, I wanted to follow biblical principles on how to handle money.


Please read the book The Legacy Journey by Dave Ramsey, he explained there perfectly what does the bible teaches about money and he created baby steps, a guide on what to do about debt, investing money, tithing, giving, and taking care of your family.


Taking care of the family, saving money, and investing sound like a normal person's goal to be rich. But believe me, there is a reason why we are after those things. And that is because it is all written in the bible.

1 Timothy 5:8 NKJV 

But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Proverbs 21:20

There is desirable treasure, And oil in the dwelling of the wise, But a foolish man squanders it.


Mathew 25: 14-30

Parable of the Talents


I've probably read all those verses in the bible, but I just don't know what it meant. I just understand it after reading the book The Legacy Journey, so please head to youtube there is a free audiobook there, just search for the title.


That is it for now.


So if ever you are convinced that delayed gratification is a good thing to win with money, please know that the right perspective about money - the Godly perspective along with the right application of delayed gratification will give you true riches in life.


Thanks for reading all the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');