Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Saturday, May 8, 2021

self-love is the biggest flex | love-life talks

I am just reminded when I see a popular post on FB about an 11-year relationship that ended up in a split right when they are about to get married.


When family and career get in the way of relationship with Jesus, He has a problem with that. - From The Legacy Journey book  by Dave Ramsey


God has a problem with anything that gets in the way with Him and you, and a romantic kind of relationship is not an exception. By the way, this is not the exact verbatim in the book, but the thought is somehow close.


I think this is a pandemic thing with girls (I am no exception).


Me as a girl tends to get pressured to have a perfect partner in life.


Which leads to a forced relationship.


Then, a lot of problems come up because the center of attention is a picture of a 'PERFECT RELATIONSHIP'. 


Center of Attention


When pressured about getting a life partner, it is easy to focus on that perfect person.


Which in turn can be an idol.


Like no matter how you are praying for the right person, deep inside, that life partner has become more important than anything else.


More important than God.


It's just funny when it's time to realize that you have the wrong kind of love we tend to post on social media "self-love is the biggest flex", "God has prepared the right person for you but right now it's not him" and so on.


I think the mentality is still focused on having that perfect guy.


Yes, I still believe that God is gracious to give us a life partner.


But in the midst of a break-up, yet still, you are constantly focused on self-love, trying to be the perfect girl to have that perfect guy to be by your side, this is just pure vanity in my opinion.


Like setting up an idol more important than God.


I have experienced countless times, that when my focus is not centered with the Lord, I always hit the ground hard.


What about a God-centered relationship?


Isn't praying for the right person enough? 


I always fall for this trick of praying hard for something.


Praying hard to win the lotto to help my family.


Praying hard to give me this person as my life partner.


Even though I thought that I am still a God-fearing person, in reality, my discontentment in the absence of a life partner or winning pot in the lottery is huge proof that my heart is after those things.


That my heart's number one is not God anymore but that person and things that I do not have.


Final Thoughts

I hope that this' self-love is the biggest flex' in social media, won't entice a lot of people especially girls to focus on the things that we don't have (stop being discontented).


And ultimately, do not replace the place of the Lord inside our hearts in exchange for the perfect love-life nor the perfect self-image.


That is it for now.


Thanks for reading all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');