Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Sunday, May 9, 2021

so do I still budget when I am unemployed?

 Luke 14:28

"Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won't you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it?


I don't know a lot of things about building wealth.


Obviously, now that I am unemployed and my investments are not doing well I am not the best person to get advice about money nor a career.


But apparently, in able to win with money, budgeting is a mandatory thing to do.


I am writing this post because budgeting is something that I do not believe works.


I've done it before and all it does is restrict me from eating and restrict me from paying for things that will give me slight convenience like transportation.


But now with regards to building wealth, I am now following Dave Ramsey Baby steps.


And part of what he teaches is budgeting.


I am convinced this time about budgeting because as Dave Ramsey explains it's not something he just made up but it's what the bible teaches.


Dave Ramsey has followed biblical principles about money after he and his wife filed for bankruptcy. He stopped following the common wealth-building advice out there because his bankruptcy proves that it doesn't work.


So now, I need to start budgeting.


Contrary to my belief, before, I thought that budgeting is for allotting your salary to fit into the month. Also, save money to pay for yourself that you can grow through investment or whatever.


        Budgeting doesn't only tell you to fit your salary within the             month.

            It also tells you how your salary is not enough to fulfill             even your basic needs.


Apparently, budgeting also helps you know how far behind you are on meeting your daily needs, your debt vs the money you are getting.


With minimum wage here in the Philippines, I could never keep up even with simple groceries, because my salary isn't enough to put quality food for me and my family. Now I understand why my budget isn't working before.


Moreso now that I am unemployed.


So there is something that has to change with income building.


The budget tells me that.


Final Thoughts


I will not elaborate in this post on my actual budget for obvious reasons.


So that is it for now.


Thanks for reading all the way!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');