Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Second Step to Self-Care |

After I remove all the health-related/physical related obstacles in my life, I think that the second step to self-care is to detox my thoughts.


I wrote on the post first step to self-care about how food could affect you

    not just your physical health but also, 

    how can it affect the level of energy you have,

    if you are tired all the time, thinking too much all time, 

    depress all the time

apparently without us knowing, 

food can play a huge part in why we are so burned out.

That self-care routine is now a necessity at least once a week.


After strengthening my health with the right food, now I can move on to looking at the right perspective in life- the second step to self-care.


Basically, as I chase down life, I mainly focus on just career/money. 


The usual chasing after the best career.


The best investment.


Thinking of getting ahead of my pears money-wise.


Financial freedom, stop living paycheck after paycheck.


But what is the right perspective/thoughts about life?


I know for sure that I am not the only one getting burned out of dealing with toxic people at the office.


I know that not having enough money to spend through the month is making me stressed.


I know people close to you fight because of money problems.


These are all common.


And guess what?


This everyday stress about money makes us want to have a self-care routine.

So that is why the second step to self-care is getting the right perspective/thoughts on how to view life with regards to money.


And I am hoping that the perspective we put in us is a Godly perspective because that is what my heart is leading me to.


I learned a lot of things about money from reading the book The Legacy Journey.


Upon reading the book, I learned that there is a reason why we are chasing after money.


Why do we want a good life for ourselves and our family.


Proverbs 13:22

A good person leaves an inheritance for their children's children, but a sinner's wealth is stored up for the righteous.

1Timothy 5:8 KJV

But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Almost all people agree that we need a better life for our family but nobody says that in my journey to achieve financial freedom it is so easy to fall into prioritizing money above all else.


That instead of God, I prioritize money so much. That I hated everyone that has become an obstacle to my goal to be financially free.


Please read the book on youtube for free, just search for the title The Legacy Journey by Dave Ramsey.


Upon realizing that I have sinned against the Lord and that I should change my thoughts about money, my stress goes away.


Mathew 11:28

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

That I should stop putting money as my number one priority. 


My main responsibility is being a good steward of God's money and resources.


Deuteronomy 10:14

To the LORD your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it.


Mathew 25:14-30 Parable of the Talents


The right perspective is the right stewardship of God's resources.


The book also explains how do we deal with career and money from a godly perspective.


I'd love to show it here, but the book has perfectly explained it so please head on to youtube and listen to the audiobook.


That is it for now.


Thanks for reading all the way!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');