Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Girl Stuff…Tips for Manicure at Home


Girl Stuff…Tips for Manicure at Home, beginner in manicure, at home nails, shapes, tips, how to do nails,


I didn’t know that manicure can be really easy. I recently watched a video about how to do a manicure and I think it is extremely doable. I am pretty much a beginner with manicure because all these time I just clip my nails short. I love it that way actually, but for a special occasion I wanted a long and painted nails.


So here are the tips I have that make my manicure at home effortless.

1.      File
Shaping a long nail with perfection requires a sturdy file that can hold its shape. Here’s an example, I got this from HBC it is quite thick and when I make strokes when filing it does not bend.



2.    Outwards Stroke
Follow one direction on file. I believe this is the easiest way to file a nail and the easiest one to create a shape with. I did a ballerina's nails and follow an outward stroke. Starting from the side then up.


3.     Push the cuticle
I am really afraid to remove my cuticle. I am just not used to it, and I think I will hurt myself if it was removed. So what I did is just push it halfway through. They have a tool for that actually, but I settle for our old pusher and push the cuticle and scrape the skin out. I did not use nipper here just the flat pusher is enough.

4.    Patches on Nail Polish
The struggle of an amateur in manicure I think is this one, getting patches when applying nail polish. After watching Youtube I got a tip on how to avoid it and it is surprisingly effective. How? Apply a thin amount of polish. Yes, why? Because we will still do a second coat or a third coat if necessary. Applying a thick amount of nail polish all at once will not ensure the whole area will be covered and that is what I do before and I am getting an uneven coating that way. Plus my nails ruins easier because a thick amount of product is so hard to dry. Initially, I thought it is all dried out but when I hit something my nail polish moves and ripples a bit, that makes me think that it is not fully dry underneath.



That’s it for tips, now let me take you to the step by step on how I did my manicure.

Step one: File the nail into the desired shape. As suggested up follow a single direction. I did an upward stroke starting from the side and then up. I angle my file a bit so I can achieve a narrower tip. Here are some shapes you might want to copy.

Photo via Pinterest
*credits to the owner

Step two: Remove the extra skin on the side using a nipper. I notice when I file another layer of skin are left behind I think, this will become in-grown when not taken care off (not so sure tho). When I was young I thought they use a nipper to shape the nails in which I try to copy. But I never got the exact shape I like upon doing it myself, that’s why when I discovered the file it is like magic already.

Step three: Push the cuticle half way through and scrape the skin opposite from the cuticle using the same pusher. I didn’t try to scrape the entire nails using a cuticle remover as I normally would, I just concentrate on the cuticle itself.

Step four: Now everything is prepped, it is time to colour the nails. First coat, apply a thin amount of polish and let it dry and then second coat. If you still see patches just like I do when I did a white nail polish do a third coat.

Step five: Topcoat, this will make your polish last longer and shiny too.


That’s it guys, those are my tips for doing your nails at home. If you are like me who scared of going to a manicurist (I think they do hardcore on the cuticle, since I am not used in removing it I am scared that it will hurt) this easy step will deliver a good result. And I would like to note Simply Rhaze for her nails, it is like a pro and she does it at home by herself so I think everyone can achieve great nails even at home.

Hope you like this one.

See you next time!


More DIY's on Beauty Review






Like my Facebook page Beauty Food Life



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');