Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Morning Stretching Exercise + 4 Benefits That will Surprise You


Like to share with you my go-to morning stretching exercise, all thanks to my workmate Meryl for sharing this with me.


Let’s start.


Do this stretching exercise every morning without any food or water in your stomach. I do it immediately after waking up. Make this a routine and don’t stop even you have your period. (But there was a time that I stop because I push myself a bit, making my muscles sore and it is so hard to do exercise with sore muscles.)



1.   Lift your hands up -feel the stretch as if you are reaching for something


Then..


2.  Reach your toes -try not to bend your knees and reach your feet or the floor as close as possible



*this movement looks like your bowing down like Japanese when they greet people



Do at least 20 and then increase gradually. At first, I did 20 and I felt the effect the next morning. It felt like I run and my muscles are sore but it is really satisfying. Imagine I did not put a lot of effort and I did it in just 3 minutes.


Let’s talk about the benefits.


Good blood circulation- the main thing I noticed with this stretching exercise (well I think any other exercise do the same) is that it promotes good blood flow. Good blood circulation means all the nutrients are well distributed all over your body and it kinda reflects on your skin. It means your skin is having enough oxygen to make you look glowing.


Posture - since this is a stretching exercise posture is sure to improve. Reaching up makes me feel my sleeping muscles on my back wakes up.


Balance – Not so sure about this one, but I feel that I stand beautifully unlike before. I can stand with my feet close to each other! I usually stand with my feet apart from each other and I feel comfortable that way, for me that is normal. I know that is kinda gross but I am happy with how I stand now. I think that by doing this exercise it improves even my balance.


 Lastly, you will totally be shocked by this one



…keep reading.



Curves your waist – Yes! It curves my waist. I normally have a straight body especially now I have fats all over my belly area.



How did I get curve?



This exercise for some reason actually removes the fat on the side of my rib bone and with that alone, it shows a whole lot of difference in the appearance of my body. It now shows a lovely curve starting from under the side of my breast area down to the last rib bone. I still have a bulging belly but that curve gives a nice shape, I feel that this is the start of a coca-cola body. And the best thing is I did not exert too much effort (but don’t let it fool you; my mindset is always to work hard to achieve your goals more inspiration from my Up Career post).



More exercise…



Once done doing 20 of the stretching exercise try increasing to 25-30-35 or try reaching your feet while on tiptoe.


3.  Tiptoe and then reach -I just did this recently because I thought I could stretch a bit more if I tiptoe.I really like the extra stretch it gives especially on the back of my knees, the feeling is really satisfying. And I think this is a good training if you wear heels a lot like I do J.



I really find this stretching exercise super helpful especially because I don’t like hardcore exercise like running or weightlifting. I specifically stop running because I feel that my legs muscles bulges and I don’t like the looks of it.


That’s it, hope this stretching exercise helps not only with your body but also in your mind. My next goal will be my tummy area! LMAO


Hope this helps


Hand Picked Post from Beauty Review






Follow me on Facebook and Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');