Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Teens, Hair, Personal Hygiene

I lived in a household where in both of my parents are working.

Hence, family time is just Saturday and Sunday.

As the eldest girl in the family, I get to learn the usual household chores with little training and guidance.

In a Filipino family I guess you would call it "scolding" or "nagging". 😆

What is most memorable about is about my puberty.

Transitioning from a girl to teen is quite a Taboo topic in our family hence this is rarely discussed or talked about, and add to that is because I am extremely shy.


Period 
As I get my first period, instead of telling it to my mom, I just handle it myself.

But it started getting hard to handle it myself bow as a year passed and menstruations gradually increased up to 5 days.

Without any allowance, I struggle to get where I should get my money to buy pads for 5 days?.

Looking back, my first year is a gift, because I only got my period every two months.

What I do get by, by sewing a piece of fabric in my underwear, just like my teacher told us in home economics.

But since the succeeding year is more frequent and the flow is increasing as well, I cant keep up sewing fabric.

Hair

One more thing about puberty is hair in armpits and down there.

I do not know what to do?

I bought razors and pluck my armpits.

While down below is a bit of a struggle because i get blisters when I tried to shave.

Eventually, I resorted to scissors fir down there, though its really hard to maintain it, as I need to do it very often.

Growing Chest

This one is a struggle as well.

Since I come from a poor family, baby bra's are not a priority. Hence, I became really shy and insecure at school for not able to move freely.

Body Hygiene 

Lastly, I struggled with body odor when I was in preteens possibly because of the added hair and activities I do like running. (still a kid at heart though)

I did tried natural remedies like calamasi and tawas, but I feel its not doing it.

I also struggle with athletes food, because at times like rain, its innevitable that my socks get wet and be soaked.


Looking Back

Fast forward now that I am 35 I have listed down the simplest remedy I do now for these problems.

1. Period -The easiest way is to just buy pads. Change twice a day. If you have to cry out to your family just to get you two packages of napkin, then do it.

I use charmie now, its very cheap 8 pads for 22 pesos (if i knew this product before, I should have bought this eversince).

2. Hair- for underarm, I swear on investing a wax warmer and a tin of wax (i bought mine for 1k on Shoppee while the wax is around 800- although its pricey I have been using it almost 4 years now) and wax paper (prise os like 60 pesos to 99 pesos for 100 pcs, I bought from Lazada or Shoppee) .

Waxing method is the easiest ever, time efficient and overtime my hair is somewhat not growing very vigorously.

For down there, what I use now is a cheap rechargeable hair trimmer for babies (around 200 pesos in Lazada). I chose a baby trimmer because that is the cheapest option, instead of buying a trimmer that is specifically marketed for women.

I still use wax for hard to reach areas though. you can try wax of your pain tolerance is high ( you actually can achieve this by visiting a waxing salon and then just do it yourself when you feel you are confident enough to pull the wax paper yourself)

So both of these methods are quick and easy.

For cleanup, you need to invest on tissue you can pick up the hair on the floor afterwards.

3. For Chest- I would say just buy straight to the yoga section from Bench. I think its economical that way. For one, you can use it till your 18 and two, it gives support since kids always run around.

4. Body Hygiene - the cheapest I use now is Fun G tawas, and aside from that its important that if you notice body odor amd athlete's foot, get a hot water put a bunch of salt and soak yourself there.

Just do it for 3 consecutive days and for sure you will notice the difference.

That is it.

That's the tip I have learned so far being a girl.

Yes, some of it are expensive but they really go along way.

That is it for now.

Of you find this post helpful you may support by using this code.

Paymaya Referral Code
❗D8J7197M2R3L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');