Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Sunday, April 11, 2021

A Great Book to Start | Invest in Yourself



Tired of working, or nothing seems happening in career, constant conflict and tension between family and colleagues, it's nice to pause for a moment and breathe.


Read a book maybe?

Be intentional with what you eat to bring health to the body and mind? 


Fresh ginger tea in the morning maybe?


Rethink your true intention about life and faith


So blessed to find this book the Legacy Journey by Dave Ramsey.


This is a great book to start while investing in yourself.


Upon reading the book, I think I finally have the answer on what to pursue in life, career-wise.


To start, Dave Ramsey is known for his popular baby steps, I will not elaborate much about the baby steps, but it's basically a way to manage your money step-by-step from savings, paying debt, getting huge purchases like car and house, investment, giving, tithe, until retirement.


All these principles are helpful, but one notable thing about it is that these principles that Dave Ramsey made are based on the teachings of the bible.


Like making a budget, Luke 14:28

    Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won't you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it?

Do not borrow money, Proverbs 22:7

    The rich rule over to the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender.

Invest, Proverbs 21:20

    The wise store up choise food and olive oil,  but fools gulp their down.

Work hard, Proverbs 10:4

    Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth.



All these things for me are eye-opening moments.


Because I wasn't just following a random successful guy on the internet, but I am actually following God's command about money.


Pursuing Money Vs Being a Steward of Money


Another eye-opening moment for me is that I am always near-sighted about getting more money. If I make a small win, I easily magnify how great I am and how simple it is to make money.

But if I lose big time in money, I tend to hate everyone else and somewhat blame them. Even with God, there is one occasion in my life that I genuinely get angry to God about money.


I know that is so sad.


By the blink of an eye, I am worshiping money more than anyone else.


In this book, The Legacy Journey, I learned that God is the owner of everything.

Psalm 24:1 Contemporary English Version

The earth and everything on it, including its people, belong to the LORD. 

The world and its people belong to him.


Being God is the owner of everything, I then realize that managing or not managing God's money has their own implications.


Just like now, I have no motivation to go to work, yes I am lazy, and that is a bad thing.


Parable of the Talents Matthew 25:14-30


This verse is speaking to me a lot, especially the third servant who just hid his talents in the ground because of reasons...


The feeling of the third servant is the exact feeling I have, there is nothing great happening to my money pursuit, my investments are not working and work are stressful so why bother?


In the book, The Legacy Journey, I begin to appreciate the value of work, and to prioritize MANAGING GODS MONEY AND OTHER RESOURCES, rather than thinking to grow my own money.


I like one analogy, Dave Ramsey put in the book, its like a farmer preparing the land, put in the seeds and waiting for God to provide the rain. This is basically an analogy for the old times, where irrigation is not yet invented maybe.


"If career, money, and family get's in the way in your relationship with Jesus, He has a problem with that."- Dave Ramsey


It's Gods blessing that makes one person to prosper and not just his own hard work. Hard work is very essential because the bible is very clear about being lazy.


I Want to be a Manager of God


To balance it all out, now I quit on pursuing my personal goal to be rich.


And just follow instructions of God on how to manage His money and the talent He gave me to think and work.


To ultimately follow, God's command to take care of you, your family's own wellbeing and share to people who needs basic things.


I now quit on thinking for my own, and make it clear to my senses that I am just a manager of God.


If ever I did not give inheritance to my family, that is a sin to the Lord too, so I need to work hard and manage the resources given to me.


That is it for now. Thanks for reading all the way.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');